Flight to Tahiti through Paul Gauguin

luv_cruisin33

I was told the earlier you put a deposit down on the cruise the better your seat is on the flight over. I also heard there may possibly be 2 flights...one arriving in the morning and one arriving later in the day. Is there any way to find out what seats we would get and what flight? Can we request with anyone specifically?

I have never heard that when you put down your deposit has anything to do with seat assignment. Once you have a flight number you can call Air Tahiti Nui and request a seat.

You should also check into whether or not it would be less expensive if you did the flights yourself. PG will get you there from LAX but you have to pay to get to LAX. Many times it is less expensive if you do this yourself. The PG "plan" does include transfers from the airport and a day room on the day of departure. You have to calculate how much this is worth to you. Some spend a few extra days in Moorea or Tahiti after the cruise and for those the day room and transfer is not needed.

PG will give you back approximately $1600 per person if you do not use their flight package.

I don't know if Paul Gauguin still uses the flight arriving early a.m. anymore. Last couple of trips, we have been assigned flight arriving approximately 10 pm on day of cruise departure, which we do not like so have done a pre-stay.

You can also pay a flight deviation fee, I was recently quoted $100, to a flight schedule more to your liking.

Travel agent should be able to tell you which flight and seats you have been assigned and should be able to change seats if original ones are not to your liking.

I have never heard that when you put down your deposit has anything to do with seat assignment. Once you have a flight number you can call Air Tahiti Nui and request a seat.

You should also check into whether or not it would be less expensive if you did the flights yourself. PG will get you there from LAX but you have to pay to get to LAX. Many times it is less expensive if you do this yourself. The PG "plan" does include transfers from the airport and a day room on the day of departure. You have to calculate how much this is worth to you. Some spend a few extra days in Moorea or Tahiti after the cruise and for those the day room and transfer is not needed.

PG will give you back approximately $1600 per person if you do not use their flight package.

I called PG and talked to an agent there. She was the one who told me that it is too early right now to get flight information for 2017, but she said the airlines assign the seats and they can request seats, but the airlines can change the seats. So PG can book us on a flight a day early also and we could then board the ship earlier in the day?

I don't know if Paul Gauguin still uses the flight arriving early a.m. anymore. Last couple of trips, we have been assigned flight arriving approximately 10 pm on day of cruise departure, which we do not like so have done a pre-stay.

You can also pay a flight deviation fee, I was recently quoted $100, to a flight schedule more to your liking.

Travel agent should be able to tell you which flight and seats you have been assigned and should be able to change seats if original ones are not to your liking.

So you have been there a few times! AWESOME! We spent 2 years planning our trip to Hawaii this past summer. Now my son wants to cruise Tahiti! I am very nervous about this whole thing...lol You must really like it to go back again. Is the flights and pre-stay something we can decide after we put our deposit down and do research? I do not want to get in at 10:00PM...I would rather go the day before or an early flight. I called PG and the agent there told me 2017 is too far out that the flights and seats...Did you book through a travel agent or directly through PG?

I used my own travel agent.

Nothing to be nervous about. I tell people French Polynesia is like Hawaii; only nicer: prettier, less developed and less touristed.

2017 is a ways off so I am not surprised that you can not get flight / seating information yet.

You can definitely book cruise and later decide to add pre-stay if you like.

One day Tahiti pre-stay with evening arrival will get you into Papeete around 10 pm day prior to cruise so you to get some sleep and then board the ship 3 pm the following day. Shopping around Papeete, eating dinner, visiting Roulottes, etc before ship departs is a nice way to spend the day. We find that much preferable to arriving 10 pm day of cruise, shuttling to ship and going to sleep.

If you have more time, we also like doing the three day pre-stay in Moorea.

Flight information will be available approximately 330 days in advance of your trip. Then, you can peruse thecATN schedule and find out what suits you best. In the last few years the timings have been all over the place. Sometimes the flights going in are overnight, other times they leave at 1.30 and still others at 4.

I too am eager to see the timings so I can make a decision on how I am going to get there. Last time I went via Hawaii but haven't decided whether to brave the ATN coach seats or do something different.

We recently returned from a 7 night cruise with a 3 night pre-cruise stay on Bora Bora. I took the airline credit from PG and booked the flights to Papeete myself. I live in a smaller city and they said I would have to drive an hour and a half to a larger city to book with them. It was no problem as I prefer to book my own flights to select my connection times and cities, as well as my preferred seats. I cannot recommend highly enough doing a pre-cruise stay, especially if you are on a shorter cruise. PG handled everything from the moment we arrived in Papeete. We arrived about 6:00am and had about two hours at the airport before our 45 minute flight on to Bora Bora. We were meet there and immediately whisked onto a boat for the 15 trip to the Intercontinental Thalasso resort. We were checked in quickly and offered the buffet breakfast! As soon as breakfast was over, they took us to our room. (It was low season, so they had rooms available in the morning.)

On the day of our cruise, we took the boat back to the airport and flew back to Papeete. They timed our flight for early afternoon. We arrived, found the transfer gentleman, and were on our way to the ship. We arrived just as passengers were allowed to check in - 2:00. All in all a fabulous way to start our vacation.

Flight information will be available approximately 330 days in advance of your trip. Then, you can peruse thecATN schedule and find out what suits you best. In the last few years the timings have been all over the place. Sometimes the flights going in are overnight, other times they leave at 1.30 and still others at 4.

I too am eager to see the timings so I can make a decision on how I am going to get there. Last time I went via Hawaii but haven't decided whether to brave the ATN coach seats or do something different.

So if we are cruising july 15, 2017 we can put our deposit down, and then look maybe this August for flights. If we see a flight we like which arrives ove day early, we could book it? Or do we tell PG to book it for us? If we do it, do we just tell our travel agent and they credit us the amount?

We recently returned from a 7 night cruise with a 3 night pre-cruise stay on Bora Bora. I took the airline credit from PG and booked the flights to Papeete myself. I live in a smaller city and they said I would have to drive an hour and a half to a larger city to book with them. It was no problem as I prefer to book my own flights to select my connection times and cities, as well as my preferred seats. I cannot recommend highly enough doing a pre-cruise stay, especially if you are on a shorter cruise. PG handled everything from the moment we arrived in Papeete. We arrived about 6:00am and had about two hours at the airport before our 45 minute flight on to Bora Bora. We were meet there and immediately whisked onto a boat for the 15 trip to the Intercontinental Thalasso resort. We were checked in quickly and offered the buffet breakfast! As soon as breakfast was over, they took us to our room. (It was low season, so they had rooms available in the morning.)

On the day of our cruise, we took the boat back to the airport and flew back to Papeete. They timed our flight for early afternoon. We arrived, found the transfer gentleman, and were on our way to the ship. We arrived just as passengers were allowed to check in - 2:00. All in all a fabulous way to start our vacation.

We seem to get a better deal by going with travel agent, through Avoya???? He can give a 5% discount and $400 OBC...when you say PG arranged everything, does he still do that if we go through an agent?

Find out from your. Agent the PG air credit amount ...that will help with your decision. They will only credit you that amount and not what you pay. Sometimes it's better to pay the deviation and have them make all the arrangements.

If you are doing your air thru PG they will make all the arrangements. Otherwise you will have to make them yourself.

It's not hard either way.

Edited by Emdee

Find out from your. Agent the PG air credit amount ...that will help with your decision. They will only credit you that amount and not what you pay. Sometimes it's better to pay the deviation and have them make all the arrangements.

If you are doing your air thru PG they will make all the arrangements. Otherwise you will have to make them yourself.

It's not hard either way.

I like the idea of going a day early and enjoying part of the day before bording the ship rather than getting in at 10:00PM and going straight to the ship...Do we just tell them that ahead of time!

I like the idea of going a day early and enjoying part of the day before bording the ship rather than getting in at 10:00PM and going straight to the ship...Do we just tell them that ahead of time!

I would ask your agent to quote you the early arrival. Suggest you stay overnight at the intercontinental.

You may well find that your flight is overnight and your hotel from 6 am is included. Only once the schedule is out will you know what your true options are.

I would ask your agent to quote you the early arrival. Suggest you stay overnight at the intercontinental.

You may well find that your flight is overnight and your hotel from 6 am is included. Only once the schedule is out will you know what your true options are.

I am luv_cruisin33's son. I have been closely following the messages posted on here. So if I am understanding this correct, if we book flights through PG then the Day room is included should we get the 6am arrival flight?

Is what flight we get random?

When do we have to decide whether or not pre-cruise days?

Can this be done through an avoya travel agent or is it better to book through PG themselves?

I am luv_cruisin33's son. I have been closely following the messages posted on here. So if I am understanding this correct, if we book flights through PG then the Day room is included should we get the 6am arrival flight?

Is what flight we get random?

When do we have to decide whether or not pre-cruise days?

Can this be done through an avoya travel agent or is it better to book through PG themselves?

Good questions! I also saw today that PG ran a big sale last February. If we book early and next year they run a sale do we get the sale price? If we book with the travel agent, do they also honor the sale price if it happens? Is February late for booking a 11 day cruise for July?

So you have been there a few times! AWESOME! We spent 2 years planning our trip to Hawaii this past summer. Now my son wants to cruise Tahiti! I am very nervous about this whole thing...lol You must really like it to go back again. Is the flights and pre-stay something we can decide after we put our deposit down and do research? I do not want to get in at 10:00PM...I would rather go the day before or an early flight. I called PG and the agent there told me 2017 is too far out that the flights and seats...Did you book through a travel agent or directly through PG?

Totally another subject, sorry for that but , just got back today to this board because also booked july 15th cruise today !! Will also be travelling with our kids ages 12 & 15 at that time. If you want to email me josee@barbeau.ca we could talk more :)

Totally another subject, sorry for that but , just got back today to this board because also booked july 15th cruise today !! Will also be travelling with our kids ages 12 & 15 at that time. If you want to email me josee@barbeau.ca we could talk more :)

I just emailed you! SO EXCITED you will be cruising same time as we are!!! whoohoo!!!!!