I keep seeing this Bitter and Blanc

spotter27

I don't like bread pudding but I love this because it's hot, fresh and moist. It's like a moist little cake cooked individually in its own little dish. It's half dark chocolate and half white chocolate. And you get a dish of vanilla cream to pour over it. I'm so glad we are in an 8 day cruise next week because we get to enjoy it. :D

I hope it comes back to 7 day cruises before June, I want to try it!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It and the Grand Marnier souffle are two of the best desserts. Of course the warm chocolate melting cake is always good, but it is also on the menu every night.

Right now its featured on cruises 8 days and longer. Theres been talk of it coming back to cruises 7 days and less (fingers crossed, it's my favorite).

Someone posted this week that its featured on the Ecstasy and none of their sailings are 8 days. So something is up.

It's a bread pudding that is half dark chocolate (bitter) and half white chocolate (blanc). The name is just a play on words. A lot of people love it' date=' and if you like bread pudding, then it is a really good dessert.[/quote']

That sounds amazing!! I've never seen it offered on the ships I've been. I hope they have it on my next trip...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When my son was a teenager he came and told us about some wonderous stuff that he found on the buffet.

He had eaten 5 of them.

Then, at dinner (late seating) , he ate another.

It was that good.

I am a fan of good bread pudding, but bitter and blanc is a whole other thing.Really.

Technically a bread pudding, but not humble or peasant food.

I talked it up at dinner on another cruise and the other people ordered it.

That night it was all dried up and Not Good.

The others looked at me like I was bad news.

Embarassing.

So I don't recommend food choices anymore.

If you order it and it is less than wonderous, try it again on your next cruise.

On a cruise I want Bitter and Blanc, Grand Mariner Souffle, and Creme Brulee.

Or even the creme caramel that used to be on the room service menu.

They can keep all that stupid pie.

Edited by mzloolue

It's just called Bread Pudding everywhere else.

No its not.

Its not like any regular type of bread pudding, with the ganache choclate, and the hot vanilla sauce, its very much a step above bread pudding.

It's just called Bread Pudding everywhere else.

GASP!!! It is not "just" bread pudding, its a baked morsel of heaven topped in chocolate deliciousness. I have yet to see or taste anything like it anywhere and I have traveled alot! I wish they would make it a staple on the dessert menu!

GASP!!! It is not "just" bread pudding, its a baked morsel of heaven topped in chocolate deliciousness. I have yet to see or taste anything like it anywhere and I have traveled alot! I wish they would make it a staple on the dessert menu!

What she said! :D