Breakaway advice-No regrets

Boatingmom

Hi I wonder if you might be able to help me we sail on the breakaway on the 3rd April . Which will be the best place to get a taxi to Penn station when we have completed our cruise.

I was told to get a cab on 8th street - you can exit Penn on either 7th or 8th - Exit on 8th!

Traffic on 7th goes downtown; traffic on 8th goes uptown which is the direction of the piers

Edited by Stress

I was told to get a cab on 8th street - you can exit Penn on either 7th or 8th - Exit on 8th!

Traffic on 7th goes downtown; traffic on 8th goes uptown which is the direction of the piers

Just as a heads up.... If you plan on getting a cab right around Penn Station, they have can lines. All of the cabs dropping people off at Penn pull up to where the line is. They do a quick drop off and turn right around into a pick up. If you don't mind wheeling your luggage for a few minutes, walk a block or two away and you can avoid the line totally.

Usually the line moves pretty quickly and people wait their turn. If you get antsy and try to hail a cab on your own by the line, the people waiting in line turn on you pretty quickly lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We loved the deck 17 sundeck in the front of the ship. It is on the opposite side of Vibe. It was a quiet area that always had chairs, & the bar there was never crowded. There was even a shower if you wanted to get wet because it was too hot. Our first time on the Breakaway we didn't find it until the last few days. The second time we were up there every sea day.

To those who have been on the Breakaway before.... What is the one thing you would make sure you did on your cruise if you could do it over??

* The Spa - it's expensive but the pool with the fountain and jets, the jacuzzi, the heated lounge chairs, the sauna/sanitarium rooms and the fact it's kid free was so relaxing! The pool scene is so crazy, me and hubby spent a lot of time in the spa...

* I really like the cirq show but wasn't impressed by their dinner

*The Fat Cats Jazz club is an overlooked venue I think. The entertainers we saw were good, a nice place for a drink and live music. Some couples danced between the tables. Romantic.

*The burger bar by the main pool deck - there was a line but I liked all the options for creating your own burger.

*Moderno Rodizio - I'm a vegetarian but the salad bar has so much variety I went back a buncha times while hubby had all the meats

Oh I wanted to add that I wished I did the ropes course. I have a slight fear of heights and kind of wrote it off as never gonna happen but I'll be on the BA this August and I'm trying to build up the nerve to do it.

Edited by Sprasa03