Breakaway advice-No regrets

Boatingmom

Tequila tasting. Looked extremely fun, but I missed it. I also never got around to doing the rope course. I also found out (a little too late) about the themed lunches at Modernos. I was able to go for the German themed one, but I hear there were others.

Here are some things you should do that I didn't miss, but would have regretted if I had:

• Liquor tasting on first night. Turned me on to Sheridan's.
  • Getting the iConcierge app before I boarded and using it while on ship.
  • Reserving Rock of Ages for an At Sea day in advance.
  • Having a spare card to keep the power on in my cabin.

Tequila tasting. Looked extremely fun, but I missed it. I also never got around to doing the rope course. I also found out (a little too late) about the themed lunches at Modernos. I was able to go for the German themed one, but I hear there were others.

Here are some things you should do that I didn't miss, but would have regretted if I had:

• Liquor tasting on first night. Turned me on to Sheridan's.
  • Getting the iConcierge app before I boarded and using it while on ship.
  • Reserving Rock of Ages for an At Sea day in advance.
  • Having a spare card to keep the power on in my cabin.

Actually, this covers what I'd suggest, too. Great ship, BTW!

Nothing I'd do differently or feel I missed out on!

It really is a fabulous ship. Check EVERYTHING out the first day, stern to bow on each deck (unless it's all cabins) to make sure you see all that it offers.

Skip Cagny's the second time and go to Teppanyaki instead.

not that Cagny's wasn't good but we enjoyed Teppanyaki more.

We cancelled our 2nd teppenyaki reservation and never could get in again the rest of the cruise.

Great topic. I was mad I missed the liquor tasting night one. I made up for it with the Johnny Walker tasting towards the end of the cruise (they pour blue label)

The tips I always tell friends & family going on the BA are as follows:

-Bring a hotel key card for power & a power strip to plug more in

-Go to the specialty restaurants early on in the cruise and the free ones later, as the specialties really book up late in the week

-don't waste money on the key game outside Osheehans (its rigged against you)

-Eat outdoors often (no one did this on our cruise)

-Do NOT waste any money at Carlo's. It's all baked in Jersey City and brought on board day one, so by day 7, that cake youre getting is nice and ummm fresh

-A nice quiet breakfast(coffee & croissants/Danish) can be had outside on the Waterfront... I think outside either the martini bar or maltings

-Get to the pool EARLY! ...before 9am if you want a decent spot.

-Uptown Café is a hidden gem on that ship. They were also the only place on board who had Brooklyn lager

-The bar between Cagneys & Moderno seemed to have more liquors & cordials then any other bar on board. They were the only place I found Fernet on the ship

-The elevators at the aft of the ship always seemed faster. Especially at night when shows were going on.

Vibe passes. It was quiet, never crowded, the complete opposite of the poolside area. I generally hate the outdoors but I spent many hours in Vibe with my headphones on, my eyes shut, and a frozen beverage at my side. Everything I want during the day on board! (It was also nice having a hot tub available whenever I wanted. There are two and they rarely both being used at the same time.)

Do not do Teppanyaki, it's too loud and the food is too salty. Plus I don't want to eat with strangers.

Go to Howl at the Moon, I missed it on my last cruise.

Go to the outdoor seafood shack every single day.

Eat at the Ocean Blue raw bar more often.

Finish the ropes course!

how hard is it for someone to take your pic while you are walking the plank vs spending who knows what for their shot?

If someone did the ropes course with you they could easily take your picture if they are comfortable letting go for a minute. Or they could take a picture from below. Or you could wear a go pro camera and take it yourself.

how hard is it for someone to take your pic while you are walking the plank vs spending who knows what for their shot?

You aren't allowed to bring electronics on the rope course. You could take pics from the ground, but the plank is by the mini-golf course, so I'm not sure how easy and good the picture would be. For my money, the plank picture is one of the best and worth the money.

Do not do Teppanyaki, it's too loud and the food is too salty. Plus I don't want to eat with strangers.

Go to Howl at the Moon, I missed it on my last cruise.

Go to the outdoor seafood shack every single day.

Eat at the Ocean Blue raw bar more often.

Finish the ropes course!

Where is the outdoor seafood shack? Is it free & what kind of things do they serve?

Same for ocean blue raw bar, where is that & is there a cover charge?

Love seafood, so these are intriguing!

Where is the outdoor seafood shack? Is it free & what kind of things do they serve?

Same for ocean blue raw bar, where is that & is there a cover charge?

Love seafood, so these are intriguing!

The outdoor seafood shack is outside where the sushi bar and Ocean blue are located, just go out the doors to the outside deck. They had things like lobster rolls and crab tostadas for a fee. We would order sushi and sashimi, get seated outdoors, then go pick up more snacks at the seafood shack and enjoy our meal out on the deck it was lovely.

Ocean blue has a bar at it's entrance, it not only has really good cocktails but raw oysters and clams and maybe some other seafood I forgot about. For a fee of course. Never saw anyone eating there on our cruise except us.

You aren't allowed to bring electronics on the rope course. You could take pics from the ground, but the plank is by the mini-golf course, so I'm not sure how easy and good the picture would be. For my money, the plank picture is one of the best and worth the money.

dare i ask how much?

The outdoor seafood shack is outside where the sushi bar and Ocean blue are located, just go out the doors to the outside deck. They had things like lobster rolls and crab tostadas for a fee.

Oh, I forgot about the lobster roll! Yeah, freaking delicious. And to tie it to my previous post, the Vibe serves food from the Ocean Blue on the Waterfront (same price, but you don't have to leave your lounge chair!)

Here are my Breakaway specific must do's (been on Breakaway 2X)

1) Lobster roll at the seafood window only open between 12 noon and 2 pm on sea days

2)Howl at the Moon (dueling piano bar, free, no reservations)

3)Uptown Cafe for a burger and breakfast