Tampa Hotel Questions

Hi I've read the suggestions for hotels in Tampa. We will be staying one night pre-cruise June 1 arriving at 2:15 p.m. I was looking at the Embassy Suites Downtown, but then found the Hampton Inn in Ybor (about a $50 difference). My question is how far away from the port is that? Does anyone know if there is shuttle service for the cost of a taxi? Thanks everyone for your help.

We have stayd at the Embassy Suites downtown as well as the Mariott Waterside across the street (my favorite) and we love them both as well as the area. From here you are only about 1-1/2 miles from the port.

I have not stayed in Ybor but it gets good comments here. Seems it has more of a nightlife if that is important to you. I believe it is also very close to the port.

I don't think you can go wrong either way......have a great cruise!!!

Here's the thing about Ybor....being a local the area can be sketchy...plus is you look...shuttle is one way...the cost with cab...shouldn't be bad...

Now it IS,in a HOT area. Clubs n such. .but for me. Embassy suites downtown was my choice...round trip shuttle and somewhat better area if needed to leave your car