Wine by the glass

One of my favorites is only available in the steakhouse--the 2011 Barastolo Barolo, Langbe, Piedmont, Italy. It's a fantastic treat. BTW--if you go to the steakhouse to eat on the first night you can get a bottle at 50% off. They also have a nice Chianti in the dining room.

One of my favorites is only available in the steakhouse--the 2011 Barastolo Barolo, Langbe, Piedmont, Italy. It's a fantastic treat. BTW--if you go to the steakhouse to eat on the first night you can get a bottle at 50% off. They also have a nice Chianti in the dining room.

Yes, we already have reservations for the first night to take advantage of the 50% off. I've read some have been able to purchase multiple bottles for that. We are hoping to be so fortunate!

Yes, we already have reservations for the first night to take advantage of the 50% off. I've read some have been able to purchase multiple bottles for that. We are hoping to be so fortunate!

On some ships they have to pour a glass from each bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do you remember the price for the bottle of Barolo?

Last time I cruised I had the Cheers package and there were only a couple wines by the glass that I couldn't get because the limit was $10 at that point. I believe the Kendall Jackson Pinot Noir was just above $10. One that was just under $10 was a Hess Select Cab that I enjoyed. I know I had a Merlot I liked that was just under the limit, but I don't remember what kind it was.

I'm not really a wine snob so I liked just about all I tried. I only had wine in the main dining room, so the selection may vary depending on the venue.

On some ships they have to pour a glass from each bottle.

That was our experience on Liberty in January. Not really a big deal. He poured a "taste" of each, recorked it, and it was in the MDR the next day held for us. Just had to ask for it.

We also got 50% off bottles from the steakhouse on elegant night. Ordered 3 more for the next 3 nights.

I prefer more expensive wines, but will drink cheaper wines if I have to. I wouldn't drink enough to break even on Cheers at $10 a glass though.

We aren't wine snobs at all, but totally agree with you. (Let's be clear, I'm NOT calling you a wine snob, either :D )We didn't do Cheers. Taking advantage of the 50% discount allowed us to have a "nice" bottle every night for dinner. That plus the two bottles we carried on. We still had a few DOD and other things from the bar....and STILL came out ahead of what we would've spent on Cheers. (I don't drink beer, and hubby prefers wine. He didn't get any specialty coffees, and i don't drink coffee.)

We aren't wine snobs at all, but totally agree with you. (Let's be clear, I'm NOT calling you a wine snob, either :D )We didn't do Cheers. Taking advantage of the 50% discount allowed us to have a "nice" bottle every night for dinner. That plus the two bottles we carried on. We still had a few DOD and other things from the bar....and STILL came out ahead of what we would've spent on Cheers. (I don't drink beer, and hubby prefers wine. He didn't get any specialty coffees, and i don't drink coffee.)

We aren't wine snobs either, but only because of budget. We rarely buy cheap wine, rather more modest wines, although I guess everyone's idea of "cheap" is different. I think we would prefer bringing a couple of bottles from home and buying discounted bottles of expensive wines in the steakhouse than drinking a bunch of cheap wine on the Cheers program. It's a shame Carnival doesn't offer some better selections by the glass. We sailed the Oasis of the Seas last summer and easily got our money's worth out of their beverage program, but they offered some very nice wines by the glass.

I prefer more expensive wines, but will drink cheaper wines if I have to. I wouldn't drink enough to break even on Cheers at $10 a glass though.

Cheers has been updated to cover any drink up to $50 per glass! That will pay for Cheers program easy! Good wines for sure!

Edited by angie1818

CHEERS! INCLUDES:

All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $50.00 or lower menu price

Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages

Large format water bottles in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants

25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $50.00

25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

CHEERS! INCLUDES:

All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $50.00 or lower menu price

Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages

25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $50.00

CHEERS! INCLUDES:

That's great! But...at least on our last cruise (before the change in Cheers), the "nicer" wines were not offered by the glass. If wine is what a couple drinks most (75% of their drinks), and they like the "nicer" stuff (again, all relative), it isn't economical for Cheers even with the great changes. Going the 50% off the bottles (our "nicer" bottles were originally in the $80-$100 range) route worked best for us.

To the OP's point, we still have not seen any wines that are above the $11-$12 a glass price point.

I too am interested in what new selections are available now that the price point is $50 a drink.

Cheers

-F-

To the OP's point, we still have not seen any wines that are above the $11-$12 a glass price point.

I too am interested in what new selections are available now that the price point is $50 a drink.

Cheers

-F-

I just started a thread on this, didn't realize there was already something started, sorry!

But I sure do hope the offer more choices by the glass.

Last time I cruised I had the Cheers package and there were only a couple wines by the glass that I couldn't get because the limit was $10 at that point. I believe the Kendall Jackson Pinot Noir was just above $10. One that was just under $10 was a Hess Select Cab that I enjoyed. I know I had a Merlot I liked that was just under the limit' date=' but I don't remember what kind it was.

I'm not really a wine snob so I liked just about all I tried. I only had wine in the main dining room, so the selection may vary depending on the venue.[/quote']

The updated cheers package now has a $50.00 per serving limit, so almost any wine by the glass is included.