Mini suite room vs angled balcony?

LovetheCubs

Just wondered if anyone knew the balcony size difference? We are currently booked in an angled balcony and thought about seeing if we can upgrade to a mini suite. We are more interested in the "outdoor" space as we dont expect to spend a ton of time in our cabin itself. Any input? Perks of a mini suite I may be overlooking beisdes a few more square feet inside the cabin?

What ship? In general, mini-suites have the same size balconies as regular balcony cabins. There are some with larger balconies, just like there are some balcony cabin categories with larger balconies. If you merely change to a mini-suite from an angled balcony, your balcony has a better chance of getting smaller rather than larger if you aren't careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure about Getaway, but to give you a possible idea, using another large ship, MSC's Divina, a standard balcony is around 36 sq ft (I believe the Getaway is the same size or very close). A typical mini-suite will be about the same, but my angled balcony on the Divina is 122 sq ft, so it is a very big difference there. My advice would be to stay in the angled balcony.