refund of excursions when prepaid

dalliowner

We have friends who have an onboard credit but have booked trips and paid in advance. They tell me Seabourn have said the cannot get a refund when on board and use the onboard credit but I think this is incorrect. Can anybody confirm this please.

We have friends who have an onboard credit but have booked trips and paid in advance. They tell me Seabourn have said the cannot get a refund when on board and use the onboard credit but I think this is incorrect. Can anybody confirm this please.

I just called Seabourn about this issue as I have a ton of on-board credit but would like to prebook excursions and then transfer payment to onboard credit. This is what I was told:If you prepay the excursions, you must cancel 4 days before sailing. Otherwise there is a 10% penalty UNLESS the excursion manager elects to be kind and waive it. So, maybe yes, maybe no.

Linda

I am not sure if things have changed recently, but we have never had a problem. In fact, we had $1,000 in onboard credits 4 years ago and when I enquired I received the following email response from Seabourn Destinations: "Thank you very much for you message regarding Shore Excursions during your upcoming sailing on the Seabourn Sojourn. You are absolutely correct, as you will certainly be able to get a credit card refund for the tours onboard and use your shipboard credit at that time to pay for the Shore Excursions. It is just required to use a credit card to reserve tours prior to sailing, and we will be more than happy to refund your credit card once you are onboard."

We were able to do the very same thing on our Odyssey cruise in Feb/March 2015.

Try sending them an email and see what kind of response you receive: destinations@seabourn.com