2nd day..is this doable??

JRA1708

We are a party of 4 adults and will be arriving in Bermuda via cruise ship celebrity summit this coming May. The ship docks at the Naval Dockyard on a Wednesday morning and departs Friday at 4:30pm.

Our 1st day, I have a blue flag taxi driver reserved to take us around the island. Ending in St. George...we plan to be dropped off at Tobacco Bay. Swim and snorkel for a couple hours then take the ferry back to the dockyard.

Day 2..This is where it gets tricky and I might need some input. We want to go to Horseshoe Bay via beach shuttle (not public bus) and work our way up to Warwick Long Bay. Can we walk that? Or should we take a taxi? Will there be taxi's available? Once we are done at Warwick Long Bay, we want to taxi to Hamilton and walk around the city, then take the Ferry back to the ship.

Is that doable?

Day 3 we will just hang around the Dockyard and prob go to snorkel park.

Thanks,

Jodi

There is a really pretty beach path that you can walk from Horseshoe to Warwick. My DH and I walked the path from Warwick back to Horseshoe and really enjoyed the walk. Lots of beautiful views of the beach in between. Getting off the bus at Warwick and walking back to Horseshoe, you end up at the busiest beach. There are always taxis available at Horseshoe to take you into Hamilton. There are also changing rooms at Horseshoe and not at Warwick. Warwick has only "Johnny on the Spots" for restrooms and no other facilities. I would suggest you take bus #7 and ask the driver to let you off at Warwick Beach and walk back to Horseshoe along the path. Some of the walk has to be away from the water since there are outcrops of rocks that you can not walk around. Make sure you take water with you to drink. It gets very warm walking in the sand and sun.

Are you planning on purchasing a bus/ferry pass for the two days you are going around the island? If you figure out how many times you will board a ferry or bus each day, it may be less expensive to just buy tokens and use them.

We are a party of 4 adults and will be arriving in Bermuda via cruise ship Celebrity Summit this coming May. The ship docks at the Naval Dockyard on a Wednesday morning and departs Friday at 4:30pm.

Our 1st day, I have a blue flag taxi driver reserved ......

Day 2..This is where it gets tricky and I might need some input. We want to go to Horseshoe Bay via beach shuttle (not public bus) and work our way up to Warwick Long Bay. Can we walk that? Or should we take a taxi? Will there be taxi's available? Once we are done at Warwick Long Bay, we want to taxi to Hamilton and walk around the city, then take the Ferry back to the ship.

Is that doable?

Day 3 we will just hang around the Dockyard.......

Here is a satellite photo of the beach path, and BTW, I agree with the PP about starting at Warwick and walking to HSB.

BeachPathV3.jpg

SBtS

We are a party of 4 adults and will be arriving in Bermuda via cruise ship celebrity summit this coming May. The ship docks at the Naval Dockyard on a Wednesday morning and departs Friday at 4:30pm.

Our 1st day, I have a blue flag taxi driver reserved to take us around the island. Ending in St. George...we plan to be dropped off at Tobacco Bay. Swim and snorkel for a couple hours then take the ferry back to the dockyard.

Is that doable?

Day 3 we will just hang around the Dockyard and prob go to snorkel park.

Thanks,

Jodi

Walking between Warwick and Horseshoe is very doable. I agree with what others suggested, you should start at Warwick. In addition to what they say, if you start at Horseshoe you might not know when you get to Warwick. Ending the walk at Horseshoe you will know when you get there.

Read Mitsugirly's review! She does the walk from Warwick to Horseshoe, with tons of pictures. It starts on post #328 I believe.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2270257&page=17

If you have time, I recommend reading the whole review. She does a ton of research and is a wealth of knowledge. It definitely helped plan my trip there in June. She also has a review to Bermuda on the Dawn - more great info!