Who has the best service?

TinaLoves2Cruise

Hi cruisng friends -

I am new to the cruise world and a friend of mine encouraged me to join this site so I could be better educated when making my first cruise decision.

What is most important to me is finding a line that offers the best customer service possible and specifically stellar service onboard.

Can anyone send me their thoughts on what cruise lines they feel offers the best customer service? If you have any stories to share with me, that would be great.

I am open to knowing about ALL lines, since I really know nothing right now. I would like to think about booking a cruise in the next few weeks, so any speedy feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!

I've been on almost every cruise line out there and to me, the best service is on the luxury lines like Seabourn and Crystal. The word NO is not in their vocabulary. For instance on Crystal, there happened to be 8 of us on board who are of Hungarian descent. We were all talking how nice it would be to have a Hungarian lunch. A waiter overheard us and two days later we received an invitation to a special lunch in the dining room that was all Hungarian food. How's that for service? You won't find that on any mass market line. On Seabourn, someone messed up my transportation from the airport to the ship and I had to find my own way to the dock. At the end of the cruise, as I was walking to the buses that take the passengers to the airport, the cruise director came over, took my hand and said, "here's your ride to the airport, Ms. E". It was a Mercedes limo, which they paid for because they messed up earlier. Would you see that on any mass market line? Heck NO. If you're not up to their prices, then hands down, Celebrity has the best service. Their Millennium class ships have been awarded for their best service for a few years in a row by Conde Nast Traveler and Travel and Leisure magazines.

Not having been on any of the premium lines (yet!) I can't give an opinion, but I'm not surprised to read Darcies comments.

So much of what you expect can also come from your age, your income bracket and your expectations. You will not necessarily find stellar service at all times on mass market lines, but sometimes you will have staff that exceeds your expectations. If stellar service is important to you, don't book the mass market lines, even in their suites. I think to improve service, you need to upgrade the ship, not the cabin on the ship.

But, if you have budget limitations (the premium lines can be quite a bit more costly than the mass market lines), Celebrity is a great choice. My husband has a client who will only cruise Holland America, but they do have a reputation of attracting an older clientele. I don't know if that would be important to you.

Spend a bit of time on the different boards here, specifically the ones for each cruise line. Don't be afraid to ask any questions, most of the people here are friendly and want to help. If you do run into a snobby or rude one, just ignore them, remember everyone is annonymous here and some just can't seem to mind their manners!

Archived