Sunday Car Rental from Quistreham??

tenmile

We are planning to visit Normandy for 3 days following our cruise which ends in Southampton UK. If we take the ferry from Portsmouth to Quistreham (Caen) will we be able to rent a car at or near the ferry port on Sunday evening? The ferry arrives around 19:00 (7 pm). Would it be easier for us to rent a car at the ferry port in LeHavre Sunday evening and then drive to the D Day Beaches? About how long does it take to drive from LeHavre to Caen/Bayeaux/Arromanches areas? Thank you for any information or recommendations you can give me.

Hello

There are replies to this post on the British Isles board. However it would help if you could tell us which sailing you are on and the dates. I think it unlikely you would be able to pick up a car rental on a Sunday evening in France as they are not usually open - even for drop-offs

Thanks for your information. We are taking a ferry from Portsmouth to Ouistreham following disembarkation from our cruise in Southampton on Sunday. We will be missing many of the D Day activities that weekend, but we want to be sure we have full days in Normandy Monday and Tuesday to attend some events before returning to the UK. We have decided to get a hotel near the ferry port in Ouistreham Sunday evening (ferry doesn't arrive until 2130) and then a taxi to Caen to rent a car Monday morning. I appreciate all suggestions I have received.