FTTF questions

no1volman

I would not worry about not having FTTF.. I just came off a cruise a month ago without it, and was boarding 5min after FTTF people, went right up to Lido deck and put my carry on down at a table, and got lunch. no lines what so ever as the early boarders all went to their cabins, and were not up on the lido deck yet. About 2pm went to my cabin and our luggage was there, we unpacked and was back up on deck by 2:30pm.. Also, I have been on 11 cruises, and only went to guest services 3 times in all the cruises. I just went during off times and never had a line.

If you have a tender port, it might be good for that if you like to get off the ship first, but if you have and excursion with carnival for that port, you are given priority anyway. Obviously, FTTF has advantages, but for the most part in all of my cruises, I have had no issues without it.

I agree with the above post. With FTTF (or even Plat status) you only get on the ship 10-15 minutes earlier than zone one. I actually had two cruises where we boarded AFTER friends who went through the regular boarding process because they only had two checkout people for Plats, Diamonds, Suites, First to the Fun, etc, and had many more for regulars.

I think the best perk is tendering, but even that is overrated. Like the above poster, I rarely use GS and if I did , I would just wait until a slow time.

For families traveling with small children or seniors with physical disabilities, FTTF is definitely worth it. I use GS's a lot when traveling with teens. Everyday I went to put a "cap" on their S&S cards. It was VERY helpful to have our rooms ready, put our carry on's in there, unpack earlier when the luggage arrived and debarkation was a breeze.

We had FTTF on our last cruise, and for the tendering, we went to the GS desk since we were unsure how to use FTTF for tendering. One of them walked us all the way down past the lines to the front of the line to get on the tender immediately. At the time we felt like we must have missed a step in the process, but maybe that is the process?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We love faster to the fun and will not cruise without it. [emoji23] just love being able to go to the cabin immediately and drop our bags off and also love the short lines at guest services. It's clearly a personal preference and to each their own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you need to go to guest services the last night :eek:

It will be worth every penny to skip the inevitable mob.

This is true. On our last cruise I had to stand in line for about 30 minutes the night before departure, and I had waited until late that night thinking it would die down.

I view it as insurance. If we use it, Awesome! If we don't, I still wouldn't want to be in a position of regretting not having purchased it.

Would we be lugging around carry-ons for hours? Would we waste hours waiting in a line to speak to GS while watching others just walk on up, not wasting their valuable vacation time? Would we wait for hours to tender for our port while others were hitting the beach?

For all of these and more, I would gladly fork over the cost of a normal dinner out for our family of 5!

Just curious. If I'm booked in my room with kids and my wife in another room with kids, can we all still board together if I just buy FTTF for my cabin since we are 1 family? I know that only my room and luggage would be ready. Just wondering about embarkation priority.

If so does that also apply to tenders?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Carnival is specific about this item. They charge by cabin, if you have two cabins then you will be charged for each. But all who are occupying the two cabins have the same benefits.