Been on two NCL cruises and still don't know what a Lido Deck is.

Sotermarler

I've been on the Escape and GA but have never seen a reference to the Lido deck. While reading other sub forums (gasp) I see this referred to often, what deck is it? And why doesn't NCL refer to it as such? Yes I could Google it but I'd much rather ask the experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been on the Escape and GA but have never seen a reference to the Lido deck. While reading other sub forums (gasp) I see this referred to often, what deck is it? And why doesn't NCL refer to it as such? Yes I could Google it but I'd much rather ask the experts.

On a cruise ship or ocean liner, the deck with outdoor pools and surrounding facilities are often designated the lido deck.

Holland America and Princess, as specific examples, actually name their decks. The deck that has the main pool is the "Lido Deck". There are other decks, like the Promenade Deck and the Aloha Deck. (Remember Love Boat?)

Sun and Star are the only two NCL ships I can think of that have named decks rather than numbered decks, but they have a "Pool Deck," not a Lido Deck.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Ah, Lido means pool, that makes sense! I knew there was other named decks but couldn't remember them, thanks for the refresher!

So would the Promenade deck be the walking deck or like the NCL waterfront deck 8 on the GA?

Ah, Lido means pool, that makes sense! I knew there was other named decks but couldn't remember them, thanks for the refresher!

So would the Promenade deck be the walking deck or like the NCL waterfront deck 8 on the GA?

Correct!