Water temperatures February in Belize, Mahogany Bay, Grand Caymen, Cozumel

We have a 7 day cruise on the Glory booked for February 11, 2017. We chose the date based on price and the fact that winter in Minnesota stinks and we'd rather be in the Caribbean than braving the -30 degree temps at home. We are hoping to do some snorkeling and other water excursions at the ports listed. Will the water be warm?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have a 7 day cruise on the Glory booked for February 11, 2017. We chose the date based on price and the fact that winter in Minnesota stinks and we'd rather be in the Caribbean than braving the -30 degree temps at home. We are hoping to do some snorkeling and other water excursions at the ports listed. Will the water be warm?

yes it will be. that itinerary was out first cruise 3 years ago, have fun

The water will absolutely be warm enough for swimming. We've cruised several times in February and always had fun frolicking in the Caribbean water.

Water temps in those areas average 80 degrees year round.

But this is a website I found that you can plug in a location and it will tell you the current water temps and you can look at history and look at different monthly temps too.

http://www.seatemperature.org/central-america/belize/san-pedro.htm

You you will probably never see a water temp in those areas below 75 at any time of the year. If its 80 now and we just started March then it will be 79-80 in February.

SO heres the run down of your locations and being its first of March i'd take maybe a degree off for middle of February

Grand Caymen water temp right now is 82*F

Belize water temp right now is 80*F

Cozumel water temp right now is 79*F

Roatan, Mahogany bay water temp right now is 80*F

These are the same locations i'm going in April on the Splendor. 80 degrees is awesome temps and what I keep my own pool temperature at.

Sorry, but sometimes Cozumel's and even Caymans waters can be a bit on the cooler side in winter, especially if there had been a cold front that dipped way down south through Florida.

I cruise or do land vacays to get away from the NY winters, so I've been in the Caribbean and Central America for the last 15 Januarys and Februarys. Most have been fine, but there's been a few where I would have wished for a few more degrees.

Naturally, the further south you go, like Roatan and Belize, the warmer the temps. Here's hoping you have great weather.