Sunshine Deck 3 Interior with Picture Window

The closer you are to the lobby the nosier the room. The cabin doors are not very sound proof plus they have a large grate at the bottom that lets in hallway noise. Bring earplugs or load a white noise app on your phone. It's a convenient location and typically a good price! If only it was quieter.

The closer you are to the lobby the nosier the room. The cabin doors are not very sound proof plus they have a large grate at the bottom that lets in hallway noise. Bring earplugs or load a white noise app on your phone. It's a convenient location and typically a good price! If only it was quieter.

Yes, the price is what is intriguing me to book. The other picture window option would be facing the secret decks, but those rooms don't have a couch. I like having the option of a couch when I'm in the room at the same time DH is and he's taking a nap. The lobby rooms have couches. I wonder if I'd hear nightclub noises in addition to lobby noises.

We just got off and can recommend 6103 which

is an inside picture window. We loved it. I was worried it would be inconvenient but it was really great if you do not get seasick. We had rough seas so it was very bouncy which did not bother us at all. Big window that they actually clean regularly.

Yes, the price is what is intriguing me to book. The other picture window option would be facing the secret decks, but those rooms don't have a couch. I like having the option of a couch when I'm in the room at the same time DH is and he's taking a nap. The lobby rooms have couches. I wonder if I'd hear nightclub noises in addition to lobby noises.

I would avoid 3136/3140 and 3139/3143. If 3128/3132 and 3131/3135 are available, I think you will be okay. Just far enough from the lobby and below the entrance area of the showroom/nightclub which is quieter.

The rooms themselves are great. They are new with fridges and the location is the best. No one is outside on the decks looking in the windows. If you find the lobby noise too loud, ask Guest Services to close the fire door to the hallway. I used the couch cushions to cover the extra large grate in the door each night to drown out the noise from the lobby. We were in 3143 which has pipes running through the outside wall that fill the ballast tanks. No fun!

Has anyone sailed on the Sunshine in a deck 3 interior room with picture window? Thinking of booking a five day cruise to the Bahamas next January. Does the location of the room make for a lot of noise? Say from the lobby and the showroom?

Those 4J cabins are great. I stayed in one this past January and have the same cabin booked again for next year. I stayed in the cabin closest to GS and didn't experience any noise as there's quite a bit of space between the occupied lobby area and the cabin, as well as a fire door (which is left open). The cabins closest to the lobby are actually better IMO because they are not directly below the Liquid lounge and are only below the hallway leading to the lounge. I didn't hear any noise from the shows or club and it was was very quite.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

Those 4J cabins are great. I stayed in one this past January and have the same cabin booked again for next year. I stayed in the cabin closest to GS and didn't experience any noise as there's quite a bit of space between the occupied lobby area and the cabin, as well as a fire door (which is left open). The cabins closest to the lobby are actually better IMO because they are not directly below the Liquid lounge and are only below the hallway leading to the lounge. I didn't hear any noise from the shows or club and it was was very quite.

Great to know! Thanks! I was a little worried about guest services and a really long line snaking to the cabins. And I'm pleasantly surprised you didn't hear anything from Liquid Lounge.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a 4j room 7102 booked for June 30 2016 on the sunshine. It is one of the forward facing rooms overlooking the secret decks. I can't find any pictures on these rooms anywhere. I know there is no couch and it is a center room so the beds can be put together. If anyone has pics. I would love to see them. Thanks☺

I saw a review of the 4J cabins recently and the room looked so spacious and convenient that I took note to look into for a future cruise. I was disappointed to find out that they won't accommodate 5. I can't understand how they determine which rooms can have trundles and which can't. There is more space in on of these rooms for five people/ a trundle than the standard interior cabin. Sorry for the tangent, just venting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do all 4J's on the Sunshine have refrigerators, or just the cabins on the lobby deck, which I understand were added more recently?

Only the new 4Js - the ones on deck 3 - will have a mini fridge.

Everything I've heard about these cabins has been positive. And I can tell you, I purposely walked back there last year during an event in the lobby, and it was quiet. At least from the hallway. There are a few reviews buried on this page of folks that have stayed in them. Maybe try searching a few different ways. All positive marks. We have two booked for the Magic. Looking forward to trying them out for the first time.

Only the new 4Js - the ones on deck 3 - will have a mini fridge.

Everything I've heard about these cabins has been positive. And I can tell you, I purposely walked back there last year during an event in the lobby, and it was quiet. At least from the hallway. There are a few reviews buried on this page of folks that have stayed in them. Maybe try searching a few different ways. All positive marks. We have two booked for the Magic. Looking forward to trying them out for the first time.

Thanks! I am actually looking forward to our 4J on deck 3 :)

Has anyone sailed on the Sunshine in a deck 3 interior room with picture window? Thinking of booking a five day cruise to the Bahamas next January. Does the location of the room make for a lot of noise? Say from the lobby and the showroom?

Hi

Had 3131 in November no noise a great location. Close to guest services and they have the mini fridge.

pat

murrells inlet, sc

I have room 3120 booked for an upcoming Sunshine cruise.

Here is one of the best reviews I found of 4J rooms on the Sunshine.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2169332&highlight=sunshine

Starting at post #10.

Hiya! Pretty please take pictures of 3120... both cabin and view. I am soooo looking forward to see the actual view from that cabin since that's the same one we booked for our January cruise. Please and thank you :D

• 2 weeks later...
I officially booked that room! Excited about it! Our friends are in the 4J on the port side, room 3128.

We were in 3131 last week and it was great! Occasionally heard stomping noises, I assume people were running or jumping above us (I think it was Quest night so who knows what was going on above us! [emoji23]) But we never heard music or anything, not even on the nights they had big parties out around the lobby bar!

Hi

We stayed in 3143 last Fall and loved it! Noise was not an issue. The majority of the time we could not hear any noise from the lobby or from the nightclub. On our particular cruise, two of the nights they had dance parties in the lobby until 10:30 or 11p. Those two nights were the only time we could hear the music in our room. Since we normally don't go to bed until 11p or so, it was perfect timing and wasn't a bother. The rooms are so spacious and the fridge is nice for sure. Not to mention the view! I would stay in the 4j rooms again for sure.

Good luck! Hope you have a great time!