Celebrating Easter on a cruise

Sunnyin IA

Does anyone know if there are any children's activities to celebrate Easter onboard? We leave the Sunday before Easter, and return on Easter Sunday. We are arriving the Saturday before the cruise, so that eliminates the weekend before Easter, and Easter weekend.My young children are disappointed that we are going to miss out annual Easter egg hunt. Maybe a could bring some Easter eggs with us. Thank you for any info.

I left on an Easter Sunday in 2012. Enjoyed dinner that night in Steakhouse, saw nothing special at that time and there were many kids..maybe in the Kid's activities clubs...hard to have it on exit day...maybe he can come to ship day early in your cabin?? Bring some eggs for that?? Or a very early exit day....

Edited by sjn911

We were on the Valor for Easter last year but we boarded on Saturday and Easter Sunday was a sea day. They had a "egg hunt" that worked kind of like a scavenger hunt. A map that took you to candy/treat stations all over the ship.

Edited by amyh13

You disembark on Easter so I am sure nothing will be planned for your cruise that day, but there may be for the cruise that embarks. If you are driving to port I would suggest you try to find a community Easter Egg hunt nearby or find a park nearby where you can hide your own.

Thanks for the replies! We are taking the items for their baskets with us. I'm going to surprise them w an egg hunt at our house next week with their friends before we leave.

That sounds good...you wrote the Easter bunny and let him know your plans and....

I think it is maybe better if whole day is not a beginning or end day. There were some cute very dressed up kids in Steakhouse the Easter Sunday I left....

I love Easter..once when 14 I had to be the bunny and mom and dad promised Easter bunny head would cover face...NO, open faced..not sure why I am still alive today.....lol. Once dad did it for neighbor kids and we had dear friend's whose daughter had surgery...bad to laugh...almost needed more morphine in hospital when he came in....she is a doctor now...have fun.

Edited by sjn911

We were on the Valor for Easter last year but we boarded on Saturday and Easter Sunday was a sea day.

Do you remember how many kids were on board last year? We will be on the Conquest this year during the week after Easter. We booked it knowing that there will be more kids than when we usually cruise, but I am still curious. I read a long list of spring breaks and saw very few that late in the month.

I was actually going to ask the same thing, since we're most likely going to be onboard for Easter next year. We're not booked yet, but hope to be leaving the day before Easter and Easter is a day at sea. Our daughter will be 9. We plan on bringing her basket stuff and some plastic eggs filled with candy to hide in our cabin. We usually do breakfast with the Easter Bunny the week before Easter, so we'll still get to do that.

If you debark on Easter, won't you be getting off the ship at 8AM? Not much time to do anything onboard. I like the idea of looking for something local that's close to port. Just call ahead to see if you need to register. You don't want to walk up and be turned away because the event is full.

We had a Easter Cruise out of NOLA, on the Dream, two years ago. There were 1200 children under the age of 18 on that cruise. I love kids, but I will never cruise at that time of the year again. They were everywhere, and mostly unsupervised. :eek:

Do you remember how many kids were on board last year? We will be on the Conquest this year during the week after Easter. We booked it knowing that there will be more kids than when we usually cruise, but I am still curious. I read a long list of spring breaks and saw very few that late in the month.

As a former teacher, id say there are at least ten billion kids Easter week. Every district I worked for had the week off between Passover and Easter. Its much more expensive then two. Now that Im retired, I avoid that week and Presidents week.

There were a lot of kids. We live in Atlanta and that was spring break for many of the metro school systems.

We are going over spring break this year and it does NOT happen over Easter. It is the week after for most Atlanta area schools (April 4-8).

To the OP:

Buy some plasic eggs and fill them with coin and some dollar bills. Hide them on Saturday night in the cabin and when the kids wake up they can "hunt" for them. Leave the eggs behind and let the kids debark with the money. You can also give them each a backpack when you get on the ship. Wrapped in eastery paper include items like: new beach shoes, a new hat, a board game, some hand held games to use on the cruise, small bags of candy, a coloring book and washable markers, a disposable camera, inexpensive sunglasses...you get the drift.

We had a Easter Cruise out of NOLA, on the Dream, two years ago. There were 1200 children under the age of 18 on that cruise. I love kids, but I will never cruise at that time of the year again. They were everywhere, and mostly unsupervised. :eek:

I've been on Easter cruises with the young ones in our family and it was a big plus to have the ship crawling with kids their age. They made some good friends and had an excellent time. I rarely, if ever, noticed unsupervised rowdy kids. But then, I actually like kids.

We did an Easter sailing last year and I bought a bunch of eggs and candy with the "intention" of hiding them around the cabin or springing them on my kids during the week... NOT! There was so much going on they didnt even remember Easter especially with the kids clubs. All that stuff I brought was out the window as well because I always left it behind in the cabin, especially during meals. We ended up doing Easter a week after and the kids were none the wiser. The baskets were much cheaper after we got back as well.

Edited by Savlamara

We leave the Saturday before Easter (only 12 more days thank goodness ). My dd is too cool these days to do an Easter egg hunt, but I'd love to sit and watch the little ones hunt eggs if the ship did one.

I'm expecting a ton of kids on the cruise, but I'm pretty easy going and kids being kids doesn't bother me so I'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by cec311