Probiotics Before a Cruise

LuCruise

I was sick once on a cruise and it was awful, so I am paranoid now about any of us getting sick. Unfortunately, the week or so before a trip always seems to be the most hectic, just when you need to make sure everyone is getting ample rest and fluids.

We will be doing our best to be vigilant about getting rest and water, and taking our probiotics, daily vitamins, and preventive allergy meds in the couple of weeks before our cruise (and will bring them along to take during).

Of course, even when taking normal precautions (washing hands, not touching face, etc), things still happen. I am quite sure I got sick from someone on the airplane or in the airport, so part of me wants to wear a mask just to be safe. It's likely that I won't do that, though. I feel like there's a happy medium between living a totally carefree life and being completely germaphobic to the point of not being able to relax. If getting extra rest and taking vitamins & probiotics ahead of time allows me to relax a little bit during my vacation, then I'm going to do it.

Good luck with whatever you decide and have a great cruise!

I was sick once on a cruise and it was awful, so I am paranoid now about any of us getting sick. Unfortunately, the week or so before a trip always seems to be the most hectic, just when you need to make sure everyone is getting ample rest and fluids.

We will be doing our best to be vigilant about getting rest and water, and taking our probiotics, daily vitamins, and preventive allergy meds in the couple of weeks before our cruise (and will bring them along to take during).

Of course, even when taking normal precautions (washing hands, not touching face, etc), things still happen. I am quite sure I got sick from someone on the airplane or in the airport, so part of me wants to wear a mask just to be safe. It's likely that I won't do that, though. I feel like there's a happy medium between living a totally carefree life and being completely germaphobic to the point of not being able to relax. If getting extra rest and taking vitamins & probiotics ahead of time allows me to relax a little bit during my vacation, then I'm going to do it.

Good luck with whatever you decide and have a great cruise!

Know what you mean about the week before vacation. Guess it's because you're trying to close things off so you can go away for a week.

And true, airports are so closed in that germs easily travel. Outside of hand washing, it's hard to avoid. We just returned from our cruise and some gentleman was spending just a bit too much time in the washroom. I was so worried going in after him since I figured he must have some tummy issues and/or flu.

We are back from our cruise. And I did start the probitics with my kids about a month prior to when we left (and they finished them on the cruise). Unless I have a parallel self of us I can't really tell if the probiotics helped, but thankfully we were all good and healthy with no issues. I've stopped them with our kids now but I always take probiotics myself.

Edited by LuCruise

We are back from our cruise. And I did start the probitics with my kids about a month prior to when we left (and they finished them on the cruise). Unless I have a parallel self of us I can't really tell if the probiotics helped, but thankfully we were all good and healthy with no issues. I've stopped them with our kids now but I always take probiotics myself.

So glad you all stayed healthy! Hope it was a great vacation. :)