Surprised the Kids

Finally able spill the beans to our kids. Dh and I have been seriously talking about taking this trip for about 4 months. I actually planted the seed 2 years ago. We have a lot to celebrate in the next few months. Our 15 year anniversary is next month (together 20 years this month). Dh turns 50, I turn 40, ds turns 14 and heading into high school. DD will be turning 12. So a pretty big year. In fact, dh and ds share a b-day and it's Day 2 of our trip. Mine and dd's b-day are w/in a month of theirs. Well we finally were able to book it this week and let the kids know Tues night.

I created this invitation to tell them. This may sound silly, but I actually started tearing up as I created it. We haven't been able to take them on a real vacation in 8 years. All my trips in my signature were earned incentive trips. So this is a big deal . Now to get them in on the planning of what we will do!

1854f4bf-bcf6-42e0-a606-4ee02b4146a1_zpsxh83axx0.jpg

Ah, so lovely. And congrats on all your upcomming milestones. How did you tell them? And what was their reaction?

We too kept our cruise a secret. We booked 16 months out, and told them New Years Eve....so we kept it a secret for an entire year. It's great telling them since as you say, you can all do the planning together and also talk about it in day to day conversation.

Enjoy your cruise! And let us know how it goes.