Current NCL favourite food (especially on Escape!)

Tammyd549

Noticed a few older "favourite food" threads but would love some current favourites, especially on the Escape as we will on sailing on her this August.

My past favourite NCL food was the mozzarella sticks at O'Sheenans, very sad they are gone :( also Indian food on the buffet was always super yummy, hope they still have that!!

Tia!

We thoroughly enjoyed the grouper sandwiches on pretzel buns and peanut butter cheesecake in the Savor MDR over lunch on the Escape. Also, chocolate raspberry truffle cake in the MDRs at dinner.

I miss the mozzarella sticks from O'Sheehans too. Those were awesome! My DH said the wings at O'Sheehans are still excellent, though.

Enjoy the Escape!

Anything & everything in Food Republic is my favorite.

^^This^^ We absolutely had nothing bad, or even marginal, in Food Republic. Even my hubby loved it, and wanted to go there everyday for lunch...even though it was an upcharge restaurant, which we are fundamentally against for lunch...ha ha.

Yes...it was that good.

We thoroughly enjoyed the grouper sandwiches on pretzel buns and peanut butter cheesecake in the Savor MDR over lunch on the Escape. Also, chocolate raspberry truffle cake in the MDRs at dinner.

I miss the mozzarella sticks from O'Sheehans too. Those were awesome! My DH said the wings at O'Sheehans are still excellent, though.

Enjoy the Escape!

I second the grouper sandwich!! It was SO good!! I also liked the chocolate raspberry truffle cake. The Thai chile wings in O'Sheehans were so good that we ordered them for desert one night. LOL.

Although I haven't been on the Escape (I wish they would add a new itinerary!), I would agree with a lot of others on Food Republic. I was so excited to hear about this restaurant opening on the ship. Living in Miami, we are lucky enough to have two Pubbelly restaurants here (and soon a third), and they are both simply amazing. Good to hear Food Republic is matching the standards. Pay the extra money and go!

A hell of a lot more fun than being on a post-cruise diet, I assume you.

Especially when people bring back memories...

ca108aa9e3447fe68f8cb463406cd62e.jpg

6657f15bf97dded75b79fe30c1681b21.jpg

490672ccbebe839709892944a240b4f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What are the 2nd and 3rd dishes?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is there a chocolate fountain?

I never saw one in any of the complimentary areas. Norwegian used to have a fabulous Chocolate Extravaganza in one of the main dining rooms, with ice sculptures, chocolate fountains, and anything and everything chocolate that you could imagine! But I never saw it on my daily schedule sheet on the Escape in February.

The Salinas appetizer in Bayamo was excellent and very different from anything at most restaurants at home ( including Jose Garces' NJ restaurant). Loved all the appetizers we ordered

The desserts in Bayamo were fabulous- we ordered the sorbet as we were full and they brought out three desserts- all excellent! (In the spirit of total disclosure, the swordfish main course was dry and over cooked; the beef was good)

At the other end of the restaurant spectrum- the Indian food on the buffet was very good. I look forward to it on cruises as the rest of my family prefer other cuisines

1f1820b17f5f5066a547182350ec9fe2.jpg

This.

I'm going to give you a pass and not count the HTML code as any words :) I was going to call foul on you!

And in keeping with the thread - Add me to the food republic band wagon. Also, the new duck dish in Le Bistro was great. And lastly - just about every morning I had the Tahitian vanilla french toast for breakfast in the Haven. They are to die for

Edited by laurabegorrah