Insurance ripoff?

circleboy

From the Radisson web site:

Ft Lauderdale, FL to Manaus on Seven Seas Mariner

12 Nights

Departs January 10, 2006

Starting at $4,946

BTW, circleboy, $1,450. isn't out of line for a $15,000. trip. Our upcoming Panama Canal transit is $10,000. and the insurance is $950. Ages of the passengers also come into play.

The OP didn't say anything about the Mariner, he didn't even say anything about RCCL!

Yes, the OP did mention Mariner, they also mentioned it was RSSC, not RCI. Very big difference.

I re-submitted a quote on the same $ amount, more specific itinerary with insuremytrip, with older ages (we are in our 50's) nad still the most expensive quote was $1453, the cheapest was $742, so age and destination does seem to make a difference.

I still think it is a better idea to insure with a third party.

Going on the Mariner for 12 days Jan10, 2006.(2 of us) The cruise portion is approx. 15,000 dollars. They are charging me approx. 1450.00 dollars for trip insurance. RSSC changed insurance companies and raised the premium. This sounds awful expensive for a 12 day cruise. Any suggestions? Thanks PS I'm not canceling regardless but it sure looks like a rip to me.

If you see the signature of this cruise they are going on the Radison Mariner. I don't understand why people on these boards are always thinking someone is not truthful and they go as far as checking out the cruise and the pricing for someone elses cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived