Will IOS ever dock in Toulon

mattR

• 2 weeks later...
Does the Independence of the Seas ever dock in Toulon or does it dock across the bay due to its size? We are the only ship in port on Jul 24/16.

Toulon - one of my all time favourite ports - has quite a small pier so I would think a large ship like IOS would have to anchor at sea and tender you in.

Toulon - one of my all time favourite ports - has quite a small pier so I would think a large ship like IOS would have to anchor at sea and tender you in.

Why is it one of your favorite ports?

Why is it one of your favorite ports?

Toulon is a true working town compared with neighbouring, better known, resorts. For us this makes a much better atmosphere and a visit there a true authentic French experience.

For us, our perfect day in Toulon consists of

1. Spending a couple of hours wandering around the street market where we buy fresh Herbs and local Olive Oil Soap.

2. Exploring the backstreet antique shops where we generally find a bargain or two.

3. Sitting outside a local bar to people watch and chat to the local residents/tradesmen whilst enjoying a glass (or two) of the light local Rose wine.

By the way, the Naval Museum is very interesting and you get an admission discount if you show your cruise ship boarding card.