Conquest Review 10/2-9/05

tricktsm

We drove to Galveston from Huntsville. We stayed Saturday night in Houston and arrived at the port around 10:00 am. We used https://www.galveston.com/ezcruiseparking/ I would recommend them. They told us they could not take us to the port until 11:00, which was ok with us because we had stopped at McDonalds and got breakfast to eat in the truck. After we were in the van…Ron noticed another family unloading their luggage..he said “Wouldn’t it be funny if we knew them?” I looked over and said “WE DO KNOW THEM!!!:p ” It was James and Laurie and their family. We had met them on our Roll Call. Their daughter Hayli and our daughter Mariah had been emailing each other before the cruise.

Once we had made it inside the port, we had to wait until around 11:50 until they started taking us through the lines. Time went by fast because we were with new friends…James, Laurie, Hayli and Hayden! We also go to meet others in our Roll call while in line. It was easy for us to recognize each other because Laura had made us a website with everyone’s picture. I would highly recommend this to anyone!

12:20 and we were finally on the ship! We went straight to our cabin 8249 on the Veranda Deck. It was a quad balcony cabin with plenty of storage space. We were on cloud nine. Ron stayed in the cabin. (Racing was on) and the girls and I went off for our fist pizza of the cruise!

4:00 we had our Cruise Critic meeting at the Sky Bar. We were a couple of minutes late..our luggage was arriving and I got tied up in unpacking. Almost everyone was there at the meeting. It was a great way to get to know each other even more…seeing how we have been typing to each other for months.

1st Sea Day

Well I was up for the Sunrise…had to get that first picture! We hung out at the pool most of the day! We met up with Steve and Sherri and Glen and Elizabeth! We watched the Hairy Chest Contest! Wow…what a show! After the show we went back to cabin for short nap before first formal dinner! We had table 577 in the Monet dinning room. It was upstairs on the starboard side. A table for just the four of us. This was the first time we had a table to ourselves and it was a nice change. I think it was nice because we had already met soo many new friends..it was nice to have a family dinner.

This was our first formal dinner and also the Captains Party. The Conquest Captain’s party was different from the Elations last year. On the Elation we met in the lounge…on the Conquest we could go between 3 clubs. It was nice to mingle.

2nd Sea Day

We explored the ship. We got a lot of sun on Monday. We seemed to start a ritual with our new friends..after dinner we would go get good seats for the show..then off to pizza and ice cream…the try to stay awake for the midnight buffet. I must admit..they stayed up later than I did..I would have to take a nap before dinner to make sure I would last through the night! But then again..I was us at the crack of dawn getting those sunrise pics!

We had the Past Guest get together on this night.

This night was the Mardi Gras Party..it was worth staying up late for this one. Each color met in a bar and came up to the lido deck to see who had the largest conga line! It was great. They had a Mexican buffet this night.

Jamaica Sunset Beach Review - Cruise Critic Message Boards

We skipped the dinning room dinner and opted for the buffet! Sunset beach had worn us out!

Grand Cayman Captain Marvins - Cruise Critic Message Boards

This was our 2nd Formal dinner.

Cozumel Cruise Critic Message Boards - View Single Post - Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach!

3rd and Final Sea Day

This day was kind of sad. We just hung out with our friends and enjoyed the day.

Disembarkation

This was going great..had breakfast with friends just relaxing waiting for our color to be called…then waiting …then waiting.. well as it turns out..some moron thought he could bring back a little somethin somethin with him. But as it turns out..a little blood hound just happened to be walking by and rained on his parade. So after that disembarkation practically stopped. We didn’t get off the ship and in our Truck until 2:41. But hey…this didn’t ruin our trip by no means! However..I did feel sorry for those waiting to board.

Cabin

We were on the Veranda deck 8249. The only thing I would change would be the side of the ship I was on. I had to go every morning to the front of the ship to catch the sunrise!!!

Shows

We really enjoyed the ventriloquist. The comedian Phat Cat was great!

I wish we were still on the Conquest…all ready having withdrawals!!!!

Thank you so much for the fabbo review! That's awesome!

It's so cool that you had your CC meeting at the Sky Bar, that's where I think we're going to try to have our little roll call meeting, too.

I'll see if I can come up with any questions! Thanks again!!

So the phat cat was still on the conquest!! he made me laugh so hard!!!! the funniest comedian ive ever seen !!!!!!! :)

im glad to here hes still on there,, i would go back on conquest just to see him,,, hahahahhaahaa

melissa

conquest 2004 western caribbean

celebrity mercury 2003 mexico

coming soon NCL star mexico 1/28/06

tricktsm,

Could you share a little more information about the Mardi Gras night? DH and I are sailing on the Conquest on 10/23. Did everyone dress up in Mardis Gras style with feather masks and beads? We don't want to miss out on the fun! Thanks!

Yes...some dressed more than others. But trust me..you don't have to be dressed to have a good time!

That night depending on what color you are..which you find out your first night in the dinning room...you go to your bar and fill out paperwork stating your color..then everyone makes their was to the lido deck. We did not go to the bar..we went up to the deck and got a table that they set up for this party. There was dancing and conga lines and a Mexican Buffet!

Archived