Embarkation Day - Ecstasy

Guineaman

For anyone who has cruised on Ecstasy out Charleston, what are the choices for food and beverage once we're on board. We're in a suite , so theoretically we—and our luggage—should make it to the cabin pretty quickly after embarkation begins.

Not knowing much about the ship, it's hard to figure out a plan for the 2-3 hours before sailaway. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas? We want hassle-free if possible; don't need full-on buffet; just something decent and a cocktail or two to get in the mood.

The food choices will be the regular buffet, the grill (burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, pizza, deli or the Mongolian Wok. All the bars will be open and in full swing. We sailed 2 weeks ago and arrived around 11:30. We are platinum and our luggage didn't get delivered until 2 or so and then only some of it. Normally they let you know at check in that you can go directly to your cabins if you are priority. They said nothing. We headed for our cabin to drop off our bags and just flashed our platinum cards. Be sure to know your benefits ahead of time!

Thank you.

We'll show up around 12:30 and take our chances. We have a "suite" (whatever that is) which is supposed to give us accelerated boarding, but we'll see.

We're local, so no big deal either way.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you.

We'll show up around 12:30 and take our chances. We have a "suite" (whatever that is) which is supposed to give us accelerated boarding, but we'll see.

We're local, so no big deal either way.

Yes, This gives you priority boarding and it should show up on your Boarding Pass in Red letters toward the top..For shorter cruises it should get you on very quickly...We are headed out in Late Aug...

Embarkation Day is usually a good time to hit up the Mongolian Wok, as the lines tend to build over the course of the cruise. All your choices will be in the Lido area though. The Grill and a carving station will be available in the covered outside portion, then the buffet, deli (I really enjoy the Reubens) and pizza. There is a bar in the back of the Lido, and 2 forward of the Lido pool, so you shouldn't have to go far for drinks. There are usually plenty of bar servers available too.

We're in a suite , so theoretically we—and our luggage—should make it to the cabin pretty quickly after embarkation begins.

Someone WILL correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anything that says that suites get to access their rooms upon boarding, only Platinum/Diamond/FTTF. I think you get priority boarding, but not access to your room until it is all open (1:30ish).

Exclusive Amenities

• VIP check-in
  • Priority embarkation and debarkation
  • Mini Bar or Refrigerator
  • Deluxe bathroom featuring whirlpool tub*

So jelly of people going on cruises with the Mongolian Wok. So much better than the overrated cheeseburgers.

having been to a real Mongolian grill , I'd say the Mongolian Wok is overrated :) good, but overrated

• 3 weeks later...

We will be going to Half Moon Cay, Turks Island, and Nassau. While at Nassau we are planning on going to Atlantis water park. What are the best excursions and company's to use for these excursions? Carnival seems to cost as lot more and I read you do not get much time at Atlantis if you book with Carnival. Thanks

We will be going to Half Moon Cay, Turks Island, and Nassau. While at Nassau we are planning on going to Atlantis water park. What are the best excursions and company's to use for these excursions? Carnival seems to cost as lot more and I read you do not get much time at Atlantis if you book with Carnival. Thanks

Check out the Bahamas Ports of Call page and you will find lots of information on Atlantis!