Haven - room service questions

amy86

We are sailing on the Epic in may, in an Aft Haven suite.

As this is a port intensive cruise, we plan to eat breakfast in our suite each day, and likely will do dinner in suite a few nights as well (if we are particularly tired and have an early morning the next day).

Does anyone have a copy of the Haven room service menus? Can I order breakfast "from anywhere" like we can with dinner? In other words, can we request breakfast items from O'Sheehans?

For dinner, we have the UDP but I've heard that doesn't apply to room service if we request food from specialty restaurants - can someone confirm that?

We also have UBP but is it also true that ordering drinks to the room through our butler would be an extra charge? Not included in UBP?

Finally, if we bring bottles of wine on board from ports, can we open in our room with a corkage fee, or is that only available if we are sitting in a restaurant?

Any other tips/menus/things we should know?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by amy86

Our experience on the Breakaway in an aft Haven suite was that we were charged for getting my son dinner from LA Cucina one night in the suite even though we all had UDP. I assume we could have ordered from the Haven restaurant and the free venues if we wanted. We knew that any drinks brought by the butler would cost us even though we had UBP.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

is the 8 dollar room service fee free for haven?

Yes. "White Tablecloth" service does not incur the service charge in the Havens.

Your butler will bring it up for you. We always order in-room breakfast on port days. We take the breakfast cards and write whatever we want on them. Our butlers have always delivered the food exactly at the time requested.

If you have a UDP/SDP, you should be able to order from the specialty restaurants,,, although we have never tried this.

We had the UDP on the Sky last April, and had our butler bring us dinner from Cagney's one night. There was absolutely no charge.

He delivered each course separately. We enjoyed a fabulous meal while enjoying the beautiful sunset from our balcony. Definitely the best night of the cruise. :)

Edited by albertamom

.....if we bring bottles of wine on board from ports, can we open in our room with a corkage fee, or is that only available if we are sitting in a restaurant?

Thanks in advance!

The "corkage" fee is for all bottles of wine brought aboard. Once the fee is paid as you board the ship, you can then drink the wine anywhere on the ship -- in your cabin, in a restaurant, in the buffet, on the promenade deck, anywhere.

As this is a port intensive cruise, we plan to eat breakfast in our suite each day, and likely will do dinner in suite a few nights as well (if we are particularly tired and have an early morning the next day).

Does anyone have a copy of the Haven room service menus? Can I order breakfast "from anywhere" like we can with dinner? In other words, can we request breakfast items from O'Sheehans?

For dinner, we have the UDP but I've heard that doesn't apply to room service if we request food from specialty restaurants - can someone confirm that?

We also have UBP but is it also true that ordering drinks to the room through our butler would be an extra charge? Not included in UBP?

Finally, if we bring bottles of wine on board from ports, can we open in our room with a corkage fee, or is that only available if we are sitting in a restaurant?

Thanks in advance!

When I stayed in the Haven I just wrote whatever breakfast items I wanted on the card and the butler brought it. I wasn't specific to a restaurant like o'sheehans, but he brought any standard breakfast item we wanted (omelette so, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, pastries, etc.). I'm not really sure what the purpose of the "suite room service menu" is as you can write anything you want on it.

When I stayed in the Haven I just wrote whatever breakfast items I wanted on the card and the butler brought it. I wasn't specific to a restaurant like o'sheehans, but he brought any standard breakfast item we wanted (omelette so, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, pastries, etc.). I'm not really sure what the purpose of the "suite room service menu" is as you can write anything you want on it.

This year I was thinking of bringing some paper and paper clips or something. I used the hanging menu to check off what we wanted, but our butler had no way of knowing what plate it should go on, so I'd get my eggs with my husband's bacon, etc. and if I wrote in anything additional, like from O'Sheehan's or something, I'd run out of room.

This year I was thinking of bringing some paper and paper clips or something. I used the hanging menu to check off what we wanted, but our butler had no way of knowing what plate it should go on, so I'd get my eggs with my husband's bacon, etc. and if I wrote in anything additional, like from O'Sheehan's or something, I'd run out of room.

i wonder if you could use postie notes and put guest 1. eggs/bacon toast guest 2. steak , toast, scrapple

etc etc.

The "corkage" fee is for all bottles of wine brought aboard. Once the fee is paid as you board the ship, you can then drink the wine anywhere on the ship -- in your cabin, in a restaurant, in the buffet, on the promenade deck, anywhere.

Our butler took all of our wine/champagne, we just told him what restaurant or what show, chilled or not and it was there, even at the shows.

We also told the Butler what time we were coming back from shore and asked for a "snack". Ordered two servings of chicken wings and he brought like 50 wings.

Suite Life...

Our butler took all of our wine/champagne, we just told him what restaurant or what show, chilled or not and it was there, even at the shows.

We also told the Butler what time we were coming back from shore and asked for a "snack". Ordered two servings of chicken wings and he brought like 50 wings.

Suite Life...

do the have boneless wings too? id love to order a few different flavors for a nice snack

We fill out one hanging menu per person. We write whatever we want on the card with our individual names. Eg Filet steak medium, 2 eggs over medium or Egg white omelet with spinach and tomatoes. Food gets separated and plated correctly. We don't stick to the check boxes.

Great idea about one hanging menu per person!!! For the afternoon snacks, we usually email the concierge pre-cruise and list any preferences we have and provide a list of things we like as snacks and then have them surprise us with something different each day.

can you have 'anything' for bfast?

i'm not a typical bfast kind of person. but a burger or something delivered to my room at 8 am would not be a bad thing :)

Pretty sure it has to be something that is actually available at 8am...my kids would love that , however!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks in advance!

I think it's best that you contact your Butler & concierge once your board the ship and make your request with them

i wonder if you could use postie notes and put guest 1. eggs/bacon toast guest 2. steak , toast, scrapple

etc etc.

When I read your post I knew you must be from PA without even looking. I LOVE scrapple, but can never find anyone who even knows what it is outside of PA. LOL

terry

• Like 1

When I read your post I knew you must be from PA without even looking. I LOVE scrapple, but can never find anyone who even knows what it is outside of PA. LOL

terry

It consisted of cooked pork scraps not used otherwise, spices and herbs, and cornmeal. This was cooked together, put in loaf pans and kept refrigerated or frozen. To serve, you sliced the loaf and pan-fried it, generally for breakfast with eggs.

Edited by Orleanscruiser
  • Like 1

terry

That is one item that I don't miss from growing up in the Philly burbs. :(

terry

i never had it, wanted to have it, nor ever asked what was in it. i worked at a small grocery store as a kid and just handed it to people when they asked for it . alone with tripe, apple butter, head cheese, souse and other things i have no clue about lol.