On the Gem now, if there are any questions

Kingmaker_inc

Cruising on Gem next month.... I'm hoping to connect my IPad Air2 to our cabin tv to be able to watch Netflix. Do you know if the tv has an HD or analog connection? Also, do you know if it is possible to connect an IPad to it? Thank you.

So, a few quick points arising from things I've read here before I boarded:

Both DH & I are Platinum Latitudes Members. We received two Dinners for 2 and two coupons for Free Laundry automatically. No issue with both of us getting our perk.

We had a great turn out of Members at the CC M&G - thanks to the organizers!! There was also a large turn-out of senior Officers, including the Captain.

Any questions... ask and I will try to answer or find answers...

Thanks for reporting back, and have a great cruise!

Cruising on Gem next month.... I'm hoping to connect my IPad Air2 to our cabin tv to be able to watch Netflix. Do you know if the tv has an HD or analog connection? Also, do you know if it is possible to connect an IPad to it? Thank you.

I'll ask my DH and report. That's not my thing. But wouldn't you need an Apple TV box?

Edited by Kingmaker_inc

So, there are four TVs in our suite. They seem to be HD. Three of them are installed so close to the walls that you cannot access any buttons or ports on the back. The remotes do not have input select buttons, and so you cannot switch from one input to another.

DH thinks that you will be out of luck if this is your intended use of the TVs. Sorry.

If you are in a suite, you have access to movies at no charge. As far as I could tell on the Getaway (2B/2BA) there was no way to connect an iPad.

Edited by watchdiva

TVs on Gem are connected to onboard intranet IPTV.

They are completely inaccessible to end users, period.

If you want to watch movies you have to use your own hardware.

If you want a bigger screen you will need to bring a pico projector and get creative on what to use as a screen.

what kind of cabin do you have? Do you know how 4 people sleep in a ocean view?

Hope your enjoying your cruise. We love the Gem !

4 adults in an OV Room will be tight quarters. The bathroom will be a nightmare. I'd rather spend a week in a tent.:eek:

Kingmaker you are almost back "home". I will be waiting at the pier. Who ever is in my cabin , enjoy your last day at sea in MY CABIN

I will help with all the kicking and screaming disembarking cruisers. I just want to board the gem already!

And yes when my cruise is over I will be kicking and screaming like a banshee too. So who ever is boarding the gem WHEN I DISEMBARK in 11 days, the crazy lady with her embarresed kid WILL BE ME.

Welcome back home !

Kingmaker...thanks for all your updates !!!!

IF you can.....can you find out who will be the concierge end of May?

Francesco has been felled by fever, so if he comes up for air - I will ask him.

As for the prior question, we had a normal day in Tortola, and apparently there haven't been many additional cases of sickness. All the safety protocols are still in place, and everything is moving forward normally.

Kingmaker you are almost back "home". I will be waiting at the pier. Who ever is in my cabin , enjoy your last day at sea in MY CABIN

I will help with all the kicking and screaming disembarking cruisers. I just want to board the gem already!

And yes when my cruise is over I will be kicking and screaming like a banshee too. So who ever is boarding the gem WHEN I DISEMBARK in 11 days, the crazy lady with her embarresed kid WILL BE ME.

Welcome back home !

you are too cute and too funny!!! sounds like something i would do to embarrass my son too! hahahaha

4 adults in an OV Room will be tight quarters. The bathroom will be a nightmare. I'd rather spend a week in a tent.:eek: Originally Posted by KevinsCruising View Post

what kind of cabin do you have? Do you know how 4 people sleep in a ocean view?

Hope your enjoying your cruise. We love the Gem !

we have traveled 4 adults in OV and an Inside cabin a few times. It was a little hectic at times with the bathroom, but overall, it's all in good fun. you are on a cruise :) how bad could it really be? how much time are you really in the room?

some of us had the spa pass so we showered and got ready in there. perhaps that might be a help?

Kingmaker...thanks for all your updates !!!!

IF you can.....can you find out who will be the concierge end of May?

Pre-Concierge Desk told me that Monica would be our concierge for the April 11th cruise on the Gem. Monica confirmed that she will board the Gem on April 11 as our concierge. I would think she would still be there in May.

Edited by peg013

HI, when you see Francesco can see if he is on the April 11th cruise?

Also how is the chair situation in the Haven outside sundeck? Are there chair hogs there as well? Thanks

I hope he sticks around with Monica for our cruise. :)

Pre-Concierge Desk told me that Monica would be our concierge for the April 11th cruise on the Gem. Monica confirmed that she will board the Gem on April 11 as our concierge. I would think she would still be there in May.

Thanks! I have never sailed with Monica...Will I be happy:confused:;)

Hope u enjoyed your cruise. I will be at the pier being held back because I will be trying to get in the ship before everyone tries to disembark.

That crazy lady. Yeah. That will prob be me. And my kids will probably be mortified :)