On the Gem now, if there are any questions

Kingmaker_inc

Excellent show. The comedian was Tim Kaminski. Just excellent. There was an aerialist, a juggler, the singers and dancers, Second City and a lady who played piano and sang. I know that she was only onboard until St. Maarten. Wonder if the health authorities took her and her family off on their boat since we couldn't dock? I'm sure Kingfisher? will tell you more. But I would be very surprised if all the acts are the same for your sailing except the ship's singers and dancers.

I'm sorry about your cruise and having to miss St. Martin, but you seem like an optimistic person who made the most out of your vacation.

I have some ship questions I am hoping you are able to answer: did you use the fitness centre and how did you find it; what were the fitness classes available (any Zumba?); is there an outdoor movie screen; was the rock climbing wall overly busy and is there a fee to use it; what was the music like in the disco and what were the evening shows?

I will be on the GEM in September...my first NCL cruise.

Thank-you,

My motto:

Make cheer from your own heart, for the sun rises and sets according to your perspective on the universe.

It is from the DUNE books.

I didn't visit the gym, but I do know there were Zumba classes. The movie screen is in the Atrium and sometimes in the Stardust Theatre. I can't recall all of the names of the shows, but on Tuesday - I am posting the Dailies.

Best wishes for a great trip this fall!

thanks for posting the dailies- out of interest was there a lot of teenagers and kids on this cruise? I was surprised at the amount of activities listed for them in the Dailies

There are always a lot of activities for the Teens Group. On this particular sailing there were over 200 of the Entourage age (13-17).

Edited by Kingmaker_inc

How's the food. Heard that it had decreased in quality. Going on July for anniversary. Thanks, safe trip home

We ate at each of the Specialty Restaurants, Magenta, Orchid Garden and the buffet. I found the food quite nice in each of them. My personal favourite food style is Asian, and I really enjoyed the selections in the buffet at lunchtime.

Cagney's and Le Bistro were great, and we also enjoyed the Brazilian and Italian places.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, my husband wants to get together at least 3 people who like to play bridge. Did you notice if there were any card games going on? Also, the entertainment is something we wonder about. We love the 50, 60, and country. Ok, we also like some 70's. Will there be any of this available to enjoy? We are doing the New England/Canada cruise in Sept. Thanks so much for the review.

We ate at each of the Specialty Restaurants, Magenta, Orchid Garden and the buffet. I found the food quite nice in each of them. My personal favourite food style is Asian, and I really enjoyed the selections in the buffet at lunchtime.

Cagney's and Le Bistro were great, and we also enjoyed the Brazilian and Italian places.

Thanks for update

Do they have a special lounge for Platinum level passengers on disembarkation day? If not, what time do you need to be out of your cabin?

MARAPRINCE

No special lounge for Platinum.....on April 21,2016 we were asked to be out of our cabins/suites by 8:30am.