Uber

tummydoor21

No, I've never used Uber at all and would really caution you about them (just my humble opinion). :) There are so many horror stories about them that I don't understand why anyone would use them. I was recently in NOLA and used Union Cabs exclusively, they are local, fast, fair and the drivers are wonderful.

Used them lots of places, no problems. Only a couple incidents worldwide after millions of users. Don't listen to someone who has never tried anything new, they are just an old ...well their nickname says it all.

Edited by rguy123

My wife and I use Uber a lot, with no problems. One of the drivers told us recently that Uber cannot pick up at the airport but can deliver passengers there. She was not sure why.

My husband just said something to me the other day about Uber not being allowed at the airport, but I just googled it and found information on the New Orleans airport website pertaining to Uber. It seems like they are allowed to pick up fares but must wait in the cell phone lot until they are summoned by their fare rather than waiting in the pick up lines with the regular taxis.

We took uber last night from the airport. But they only allow uber black. It's considered more of a limo service. It was more than a taxi but nice. I actually did it on accident. Didn't realize I was getting the pricier option. Cabs have a $75 fare downtown. There was a sign somewhere.. We went to Metairie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

My sister and I used Uber loads in New Orleans in January this year. The cars and the drivers were all great. We felt, and were, perfectly safe with this and I would recommend using them to anybody. When I am back in New Orleans in just over one weeks time I will be using them again.

The one taxi we used was old, dirty and the driver barely spoke English and had no idea where the cruise terminal was. He then over charged us as it should have been $14 total.

I had an email from Uber a week or so ago telling me that Uber X can now pick up at the airport for trips into town.

• 2 weeks later...
We took uber last night from the airport. But they only allow uber black. It's considered more of a limo service. It was more than a taxi but nice. I actually did it on accident. Didn't realize I was getting the pricier option. Cabs have a $75 fare downtown. There was a sign somewhere.. We went to Metairie.

Cabs are $36 from the airport to downtown for one or two or $15/person for 3+. http://www.flymsy.com/PageDisplay.asp?p1=6016

Cabs from the airport to downtown are certainly not $75. They have a published flat rate of about $36 or so for two. Uber has been fighting with the city and cab companies for a long time.

• 1 month later...