Just Off of My First Cruise on Magic and Her First out Of Dry Dock March 6-13

Tzutse

Thanks for the good news we don't sale until November ...If we can wait that long!!!

Which November sailing? Nov 12 for us...241 days seems like forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My family and I were on this cruise too. This was my 4th time on Magic and I enjoyed the upgrades. I was bummed about all the wind. Made for rough sea and chilly conditions. I also noticed all of the carpet shedding and the smell of new carpet. There were tons of kids onboard... Mine included. One of mine was 14 so maybe they met!!

Don't feel bad, we just booked for FALL of 2017! I have been researching Magic like we are sailing this year. It is a bit daunting to log into Carnival and see I have over 500 days until we sail. :(

Talk about daunting. I sail the following week from you. And I'm already stalking the boards.

And I'm already warning: make sure your ship gets back to Port Canaveral on time.

Thanks for the review. We are on her the first week in October and this helps ease the wait. :D

How did you like being close to the water in the Cove balcony and did you mind the solid type railing instead of the see thru?

My family and I were on this cruise too. This was my 4th time on Magic and I enjoyed the upgrades. I was bummed about all the wind. Made for rough sea and chilly conditions. I also noticed all of the carpet shedding and the smell of new carpet. There were tons of kids onboard... Mine included. One of mine was 14 so maybe they met!!

There WERE a lot of kiddos. On our tour they said 25% were littles! Maybe our kids did meet!

Thanks for the review. Did you try the Alchemy Bar? What about the bbq? There's conflicting info if fat jimmys or not and what it offers.

The one time I went by Alchemy it was closed :mad:. My husband did have several items there and loved it and the mixologists.

The BBQ is called Oceanside, not Fat Jimmy's. There was so much food on the ship, I didn't even think of trying the BBQ. Sorry I don't have better info for you. I saw there was another thread that had better comparisons of pre- and post-dry dock.

Thanks for the review. We are on her the first week in October and this helps ease the wait. :D

How did you like being close to the water in the Cove balcony and did you mind the solid type railing instead of the see thru?

We loved loved loved being so close to the water. With the rocky ride, we often got some spray on the balcony and I liked that. I didn't mind the railing and didn't think it obscured our views in any way. I was sad I didn't see a single flying fish or dolphin!

Talk about daunting. I sail the following week from you. And I'm already stalking the boards.

And I'm already warning: make sure your ship gets back to Port Canaveral on time.

I'll do the best I can. Yep - I have stalked the boards since we booked. The good news is that I have already have two price drops since we booked the first week in March!

And check this out....

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/guys-pig-anchor-bbq

While we won't have Fat Jimmy's BBQ, we will have a new Guys BBQ!

I'll do the best I can. Yep - I have stalked the boards since we booked. The good news is that I have already have two price drops since we booked the first week in March!

And check this out....

Oohhhh, that sounds so good! Can't wait to hear comments from ones who have tried it! Wonder if open on embarkation day?

And check this out....

Ooh, might be willing to wait in line for this.

Looks better that fat jimmys.

Outstanding.

SeaSickness

I was able to get a refund of the Bottomless bubbles for my husband and I because we had purchased it before we sailed and then bought Cheers. We did not drink the 4 bottles of wine we purchased, or the two bottles we brought on board. We took those 6 bottles off the boat with us when we came home. We did drink all of the water and most of the Fresca. My kid drank the DP in the room. As for the Cheers package, it was definitely worth it on the three sea days. And, I think we broke even on port days. I don't drink very much, although the Carribean Coladas were good as was my staple, Vodka & Cranberry. I did get a few cocktails for my friend...shhhh.

How many days into the cruise did you do this? Also, did they discount the days that you didnt have the Cheers package?

I have been anxiously waiting for someone to post a review after dry dock. Our family will be sailing in 131 days!!! We have been on several cruises with Carnival but this will be the first for Magic. Can't wait to hear more!!!!:D

We have a group for the July 23rd sailing, if you aren't already a member!

Yes, why did they take the foil off the wine bottles? (Following)

I'm curious about this as well...I don't really CARE if they take the foil off, I

just wonder what the reasoning is...seems like it will just slow down the boarding process!

Great review! Thank you for the details! We sail in July. We have sailed her before, and are anxious to see the upgrades. I'm glad that you enjoyed your first cruise!! Hope that you are already planning the next one! What was the reasoning for removing the foil on the wine bottles? Seems like it would just slow down the boarding process...

Great review! Thank you for the details! We sail in July. We have sailed her before, and are anxious to see the upgrades. I'm glad that you enjoyed your first cruise!! Hope that you are already planning the next one! What was the reasoning for removing the foil on the wine bottles? Seems like it would just slow down the boarding process...

I don't know - I didn't ask. Maybe I looked sketchy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many days into the cruise did you do this? Also, did they discount the days that you didnt have the Cheers package?

We purchased the cheers package on day 2 so there was no discount. I didn't ask for a refund on my bottomless bubbles, and I believe they kept one day of that cost for each of us.

We purchased the cheers package on day 2 so there was no discount. I didn't ask for a refund on my bottomless bubbles, and I believe they kept one day of that cost for each of us.

We asked on the second night for the package. We were told we only had until 9pm (I think was the time) to get it. They don't offer it day 3 on. So there isn't a need to prorate it.

Tzutse,

May I use your picture of the cruise ship in your first post?

I'm getting all my pictures ready to make my kids scrap book, and I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the ship in Galveston!! We were just so excited, and the kids wanted to get on the ship so quickly, I just totally spaced!

Tzutse,

May I use your picture of the cruise ship in your first post?

I'm getting all my pictures ready to make my kids scrap book, and I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the ship in Galveston!! We were just so excited, and the kids wanted to get on the ship so quickly, I just totally spaced!

Of course.