Legend Balcony Question

ms1badtk

Good Morning All, I was wondering if y'all could tell me what the difference is between the Balcony, Extended Balcony and the Premium Balcony? Is there that much of difference just in the balconies or does the room size change as well. I was trying to look online for the sqft for all this info but unfortunately wasn't able to find anything.

Thanks in advance.

The extended balconies are generally along the aft of the ship and therefore are deeper. Cabin size is generally the same as standard balcony cabins.

The premium balconies are very few on the Spirit Class ships. There are only 8 I believe, and since two of those are on deck 5 they probably are considered obstructed view. That being said, example cabins are 6277, 7299 and 8235. They are only on the starboard side of the ship. The balconies are longer, but not deeper. The cabins are quite nicer than a standard balcony and are larger. Hope this helps.

The extended balconies are generally along the aft of the ship and therefore are deeper. Cabin size is generally the same as standard balcony cabins.

The premium balconies are very few on the Spirit Class ships. There are only 8 I believe, and since two of those are on deck 5 they probably are considered obstructed view. That being said, example cabins are 6277, 7299 and 8235. They are only on the starboard side of the ship. The balconies are longer, but not deeper. The cabins are quite nicer than a standard balcony and are larger. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your help.

Good Morning All, I was wondering if y'all could tell me what the difference is between the Balcony, Extended Balcony and the Premium Balcony? Is there that much of difference just in the balconies or does the room size change as well. I was trying to look online for the sqft for all this info but unfortunately wasn't able to find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Haven't been on the Legend but we have been on the Pride, Spirit and Miracle..Legend's sister ships and all are in the Spirit class.

The extended balconies are a bit bigger..gives you more legroom and space to move around especially when there's two or more people. Cabin itself is the same size as a regular balcony. The extended balconies that are aft are set back or recessed. Your view looking down is not straight to the water due to the life boats below. Your view side to side or front to back is not straight due to the recessed cabin. The aft extended balcony seemed less windy to us than the regular balcony, but we did notice some creaking noise from the lifeboats swinging. We were on deck 6. My husband didn't care for the view obstruction or the noise. There are some extended balconies in the forward/front of the ship that aren't recessed. We have never stayed in those so I can comment on them.

The premium balconies are very nicely done. They have upgraded trim..i.e. tile and marble in the bathroom on counters and walls..maybe flooring..can't remember..and also in the desk and counter areas as well as wood/laminate flooring at the entrance. They are slightly larger and they have wider extended balconies with a lounge chair..at least the one we saw did. They are also recessed/set back. Very classy, more like a suite feeling with the upgraded trim. Sorry I don't know the square footage.

Thanks everyone for all of your responses. I decided to book the premium balcony cabin 7301 but now my fear is that the life boats that are a few decks down will ruin my view straight down but I know the last time I went to Alaska I spent more time looking out rather than down. Does anyone have an opinion on this??

Thanks

Tina :)

• 1 month later...

we love preium balconies on the spirit class. we had one on the pride when i took my gf (now wife) on her first cruise and she was hooked from the moment we stepped on the ship. I do remember not being able to look straight down because of the life rafts. However, it is still worth it in my opinion. We just booked 7301 on the Miracle in october to take our twins 3 yr old boys on their first cruise. We cant wait!

Thanks everyone for all of your responses. I decided to book the premium balcony cabin 7301 but now my fear is that the life boats that are a few decks down will ruin my view straight down but I know the last time I went to Alaska I spent more time looking out rather than down. Does anyone have an opinion on this??

Thanks

Tina :)

You will love it. We were in 7299 and would book it again. If you stand at the railing you will see the tops of the life boats but for us was not a issue at all. Sitting down you never notice them. The room and balcony are l 1/2 times the size of a regular balcony room and I think we also had a lounge chair. ENJOY!!!