rebooking through CC and release of room to save it

luckyinpa

7 distinct categories within the Inside Main category.

the least expensive are category IF & ID are priced at $3772.48

IE is $3782.48

IC & I1 are $3792.48

IA is $3822.48

There are none priced where he says.....but he is doing an apples to oranges comparison....quoting you a category that does not meet your needs is wrong

I see no way for him to offer you the least expensive inside for the price he quoted you.

7 distinct categories within the Inside Main category.

the least expensive are category IF & ID are priced at $3772.48

IE is $3782.48

IC & I1 are $3792.48

IA is $3822.48

There are none priced where he says.....but he is doing an apples to oranges comparison....quoting you a category that does not meet your needs is wrong

I see no way for him to offer you the least expensive inside for the price he quoted you.

I understand the cheaper price is not quoted for a handicapped cabin. What I am trying to get at is I have to pay over $1000 more to get one in the same or close to the same category. I do not have a travel agent giving me a quote it is actually a quote when I put in 4 people inside cabin myself online. Yes it is a lower floor but when I just compare the same inside room with 4 people the difference is over $1000.

I called the online agency and they called NCL who told them they do not have any handicapped rooms available.

Think I may just wait and look at other cruise line and do a little more comparison.

Thanks,

Donna

going the first 2 weeks in December the 3rd & 4th go only for the taxes and fees.

Unfortunately that is finals week for my 2 daughers. One is in highschool and the other in college. I can't wait to be able to travel during off times! I have no problem taking my son out of school for vacation:)

Thanks,

Donna

I arranged a cruise with my parents in 2014, and my mother is in a wheelchair, so we really needed an accessible cabin. What I had to do was to make the initial reservation through NCL (at NCL's rates), and then call our travel agent and have them transfer the booking to them.

We were able to keep the same cabin for my mom, yet still get the pricing available through the travel agent.

I'm not sure why this isn't possible in your case. It's worth trying -- the big issue is having to make a deposit on the reservation with NCL in order to get that cabin secured for you. But if the cruise is far out, the deposit will be fully refundable if you can't work out a way to transfer the booking to your travel agency at a better rate within a short period of time.

You are using a price basis, that he quoted you......however, I am not sure where he got that price. In technology, we call that vaporware. He can not get you any room on that sailing for that price. I gave you all of the current prices for 4 in a inside cabin. Certain categories are slightly more than others, and if you follow the coding you will see some higher inside categories priced below the higher categories. This is because of what is left.

The price has absolutely nothing to do with a wheelchair access room. But you do need one to accommodate your son. I showed you one room that meant the needs, except for price.

I am sorry you are going through this, and apologize for the online agency for apparently misleading you. The price you got is in fact $20 higher than the lowest inside category. However, the lowest inside category does not have any wheelchair accessible rooms. Those are NCL prices, and the prices agents have. Where he got a cheaper price, is moot as it does not meet your needs.

You may, indeed have to shop another cruiseline.

Sorry

where he got the $2695.32 price. The commission on the ncl rooms is only about $240, so that is really all he could discount.

Trust me he has no rooms for $2695...at least call him back and ask him to quote you on the room that I sent earlier, I will bet it is in $3800 range

where he got the $2695.32 price. The commission on the ncl rooms is only about $240, so that is really all he could discount.

Trust me he has no rooms for $2695...at least call him back and ask him to quote you on the room that I sent earlier, I will bet it is in $3800 range

Go to expedia.com and put in the same information. I am the one who got the price from there. That is a quote for 4 people for an inside cabin.

Edited by jennas_mum

Government taxes, fees and port expenses are additional for all guests.

so not an apples to apples comparison

Government taxes and port fees are about $600 for 4 people. I will tell you what, those are excellent prices for a 9 day cruise.

That includes taxes and port fees! That is a great price. So may go ahead and book it and deal with it. Hopefully I can shower him in the spa or gym. If not he will be pretty smelly by the end of the week! :D

Donna

Expedia website shows prices prior to taxes and fees...you have to get to the end of the booking process to get the real final price.

Good luck.

I realize that. It is $2156 before taxes and fees are added. If you go one step further and select a room down on the right side is a breakdown of the cost.

Expedia website shows prices prior to taxes and fees...you have to get to the end of the booking process to get the real final price.

Good luck.

Thanks for your help by the way! You have really made me think and gave me some very useful information:)

i'm glad i called the TA to get the real deal on the double cash thing . here its just on the room price times 2. thats it, no port or other taxes. so for me it would be 400 instead of the 600 OBC i was thinking id get based on total out the door price. she did say they had some great deals and cheaper prices but turned out she had the same price as i booked on NCL. dont know if they try to make you think u are getting a good deal or what. she also said you get 2 free perks. um NO. haven gets all 4. id call this pretty poor knowledge of your product. i even told her i want H9 so she should have known this was haven. this IS her business day in and out and she said people rebook with her 'all day long'

she did say u could just transfer the reservation and 24.99 fee (of course i had to ask about fees) but then at the end of the call she said i need to call and cancel and she will book the room next door to me. this was even after i said room selection was critical to me and of course we know with just a transfer id maintain it but to cancel the reservation chances i may lose it. my feelings are this is not a good offer on a transferred reservation and that she lied to me. why in the world would she tell me initially it was ok then say i gotta cancel and she will get me another room. she didnt even attempt to say i could rebook my same room once NCL released it.

the call left a bad taste in my mouth as she took another call on presumably her cell phone twice to tell the person she would get back to them . very unprofessional given the nature of this business. this isnt a 9.99 turbie towel order. if you dont even give your attention during an initial sale, how would you serve me if i had a true problem.

crossing this TA off my list. 400 OBC would be nice. but i'm sure once i tell these details to my gf, she will agree not to risk dealing with this TA.

or maybe id need to get lucky and get another agent that doesnt sound like a salesman lol.