New juice package?

NCLfamily

Will be interested to see if they allow trades. Celebrity has the classic bev package (which includes canned soda, speciality coffee and bottled water) and they will let you trade it in on day one for the preimum non alcohol bev package which includes everything Classic na package has plus smoothies and the more expensive bottled waters etc.

Would be a nice gesture for those who have the UBP as a perk but don't drink. Still wish ncl program included coffee and canned soda, bottle waters but at least it's a baby step to offer something to a non drinker. I do think there's money left on the table by NCL by not including these items. If they did so many more non drinkers would pick as a perk and it really wouldn't cost NCL any more since they collect grats based on $69/day.

Where did you all here about this at?
It sounds like they are testing it out on certain ships only (like the Epic, follow NCLfamily's link above).

I don't know how much they charge for a glass of juice on board, maybe it's more than a soda, but considering that juice is free all morning long, and unlike soda it doesn't go flat, so if you bring a few travel mugs you can have free juice in your cabin fridge all day and all night… I would not pay $10/day for a juice-only package.

Anybody on the Epic right now? Can you find out if the juice package is really juice only, or is it soda and juice? Or does it maybe includes fresh squeezed juices from the buffet bar (but then $10 seems too cheap…) :confused:

Hi, joined the epic today.

This was up at one of the drink package sales desks.

Looks like it's just the carton juices.

Our daughter has the soda package which was on offer when we booked.

We have been told that we can not upgrade her package. Would have to buy a new soda and juice package at $8.50 + 18% day.

Hope this helps

ImageUploadedByForums1459179559.732679.jpg.2c282b3582c73f0d2cf87d81c8696bc6.jpg

My first attempt at a clear answer was unsuccessful, was going to report back at end of cruise. But it appears the juice package is soda plus carton juice. Not fresh juice. Not sure why anyone would purchase. I will ask again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On Jade in October we had the UBP but the kids had no package. We did intend to buy it onboard for them but it quickly became clear that we weren't going to get charged for the kids' drinks. Every time I ordered an alcoholic drinks and soft drinks, we were not charged for the soft drinks (with one exception). To be honest I wouldn't buy a package for them in future anyway just because they aren't too keen on carbonated drinks and despite then having a sweet tooth they found the juices way too sweet and sickly. There happy with the free flavoured water in the buffet and would rather have had that at bars if offered.