Port Canaveral Term 1 Parking and Luggage

CruisingBuzzMan

Hope someone has some info on this. I watched a video that shows a luggage conveyer belt in the parking garage. Do you just bring your luggage over and place them on the conveyer yourself? Or are there porters there you need to tip to do it?

I hope someone answers the question as I'd like to know also. Sailing out on Saturday. I no one knows, and I remember, I'll come back and let you know.

I hope someone answers the question as I'd like to know also. Sailing out on Saturday. I no one knows, and I remember, I'll come back and let you know.

Thanks, and your impressions if the ship would be helpful as well, I have never sailed on the Spirit. I see you have been on the Escape, just would like to know what you think of the Spirit verses the larger ships.

Buzz :)

• 2 weeks later...
Just bumping this up to see if anyone has any info on this :)

The idea is to drive up to the front entrance then hand your luggage to porters (they line up with trolleys) or drop a family member to watch your bags. The conveyer belt used by the porters is only on the ground level (not on every floor of the garage).

Then you drive up to the parking garage, pay at the booth and park. Take the elevator back down to meet up with your porter or family.

You can also park first and carry your luggage down the elevators yourself if your luggage is manageable.

Edited by SteerageJoe

The idea is to drive up to the front entrance then hand your luggage to porters (they line up with trolleys) or drop a family member to watch your bags. The conveyer belt used by the porters is only on the ground level (not on every floor of the garage).

Then you drive up to the parking garage, pay at the booth and park. Take the elevator back down to meet up with your porter or family.

You can also park first and carry your luggage down the elevators yourself if your luggage is manageable.

Thanks for the info, I will be by myself and only one bag, so I will probably park and take my bag down to the belt myself. Do you still have to deal with porters if you do it that way?

Thanks for the info, I will be by myself and only one bag, so I will probably park and take my bag down to the belt myself. Do you still have to deal with porters if you do it that way?

Actually, I should not call them porters! They do not follow you around with your luggage on a cart!

These folks are luggage handlers and before you enter the terminal doors you hand your checked luggage to them. They check your tickets, tags, etc. and place the bags in luggage bins (with wheels). Then at some point they cart the bins to the shoot about 20 yards away from where the luggage enter the building way above your head on an elevated conveyor belt.