Just off the Sunshine on 3/13 - here's a rundown

pmoniz

Thanks for your review! excited about our May cruise. Were they using the cards asking which part of the day you wanted service? It really doesn't matter to me, just like to know in advance so I can think about which I'd prefer. We don't need it twice necessarily.

debbie

Thank you for the review. I loved the drinks at the Alchemy bar but you did occasionally have to wait a long time if someone ahead of you ordered for several people.

The chair hogs you are referring to, were they in what I had assumed was the towel storage area called Serenity? :rolleyes:

Thanks for your review! excited about our May cruise. Were they using the cards asking which part of the day you wanted service? It really doesn't matter to me, just like to know in advance so I can think about which I'd prefer. We don't need it twice necessarily.

debbie

I'm not sure what cards you're referring too?

We are visiting the same ports. Aruba, Curaçao, and Grand Turk!

We were in Aruba from 1-10 and booked a tour with Sonny Tours. He was great and took us to see the natural bridge, we walked up a stone mountain which had great views, took us to a chapel (they were having a service so we couldn't go in) and then to the Eagle Beach (Moomba Beach Bar). If I were to visit again I think I'd just go to the beach. PS the sunset was AMAZING!!

Curacao was my favorite. We did the East Side Tour with Irie Tours. They were great! For $40 you got a tour, soda, water, beer and got into the Mambo Beach which was beautiful.

Grand Turk - I've been to 3 times and we always rent golf carts to tour around the island on our own. We visited a few local beach bars and an outdoor market then ended at Jack's Shack which was packed! The water in Grand Turk is sooooo beautiful! You just have to go in. We stay clear of Margaritaville!

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Thank you for the review. I loved the drinks at the Alchemy bar but you did occasionally have to wait a long time if someone ahead of you ordered for several people.

The chair hogs you are referring to, were they in what I had assumed was the towel storage area called Serenity? :rolleyes:

LOL Yes mostly in Serenity!! The only time we actually stood there for sometime was while we were in the hot tub. Other than that - forget it. No chairs to be found! But there were lots of "hogs" all around Lido as well! So frustrating!

What was the name of the waiter you connected with? Hoping to find a good one for our cruise! It s always fun to find who remembers your likes and dislikes. Was it a bar waiter or dining room waiter? Thanks for the review!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What was the name of the waiter you connected with? Hoping to find a good one for our cruise! It s always fun to find who remembers your likes and dislikes. Was it a bar waiter or dining room waiter? Thanks for the review!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

He was a bar waiter. He works on the Red Frog Bar side of Lido but did go up to deck 10 for us! His name was Godfrey!! Loved him! Hope you find him and connect as well! He was great!

Thanks for your report. I'll be sailing on Sunshine in July. We'll be a group of 17 -- all family of all ages. Should be fantastic. I'm spending my days sucking up all the info that I can so I'll be ready.

Have a great cruise!!

debbie

We were on the 5 day after OPs cruise. No card. We had cabin service in the morning and turn down service every evening.

Thanks for the review, nice and concise! We will be sailing on her right after drydock... did not realize it until to late, vacation taken, paid for cruise. Oh well, it's either going to be great or we will deal with it. As long as the booze is cold and the slots are HOT, my wife will be happy and I can play the tables!

Thanks for the review, nice and concise! We will be sailing on her right after drydock... did not realize it until to late, vacation taken, paid for cruise. Oh well, it's either going to be great or we will deal with it. As long as the booze is cold and the slots are HOT, my wife will be happy and I can play the tables!

LOL Good attitude!! We loved the Sunshine! Hope you have a great cruise!

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure if it's the same but in Aruba we went took a tour with Sunny Tours. Aruba wasn't at all of what I pictured in my head! It was very dry desert landish! LOL We went to the other side of the island to see the natural bridge that collapsed, visited the chapel, etc. Then went to Moomba Beach Bar on Eagle Beach for the remainder of the night! It was beautiful there.

Curacao we booked a tour with Irie Tours which was great! Curacao was beautiful! And the guys in the group did a deep sea fishing trip!

Grand Turk we rented golf carts and visited a couple of local places on the beach then to Jack's Shack which was packed and they couldn't keep up with the food which was disappointing!

I love Aruba have visited for land based trips twice. I really like Moomba Beach Bar. I did the Irie Tour in Curaçao also enjoyed it.