Transfer from Tegel Airport to Warnemunde to board Regal Princes

mgier

Just wanted to update our transfer experience from Berlin to Warnemunde and return to Berlin/Tegal. We arrived in Berlin several day before our cruise and contacted the Princess transfer rep who said we could board the transfer at the Weston Grand if we were there by 9:15 am. The coach left the Grand about 9:45 and went out to the Tegal airport to pick up passengers there. The was a lot of delay there and we did not get way from the airport until about 11:00. With a highway construction delay and a pit stop we arrived Warnemunde at about 2:30 pm.

On the return transfer, there were only 4 groups disembarking, we met at 7:45 am, were off the ship shortly after 8:00, on the bus and on our way by 8:30 and arrived at Tegal just before 11:00 a full 2 hours before out 1 pm flight to Munich.

We are flying to Berlin next month several days before our cruise. We have purchased Princess transfers to and from Warnemunde. My question is how do these transfer operate from and back to TXL, are they by coach, train or a combination of both and how long do they take

The Regal returns to Warnemunde and docks at 0700; does anyone know about when the first transfer departs Warnemunde for TXL as I fear we are about an hour earlier than Princess's time window? We are only flying to Munich so if we have to re-book when we get to TXL its likely not a big deal but I would like to be prepared.

According to what I was told, Princess will NOT use the train for transfers from TXL to Warnemunde. They only use buses.

OP, I know how hard it is to come from California and not have much time off. We're in the same boat. :cool: What we plan to do is fly in 2-3 days pre-cruise, then possibly leave the cruise early if need be. I don't want to fly all the way to Berlin and then not see it. :cool:

Hope your flights go very smoothly and bon voyage. :)

According to what I was told, Princess will NOT use the train for transfers from TXL to Warnemunde. They only use buses.

OP, I know how hard it is to come from California and not have much time off. We're in the same boat. :cool: What we plan to do is fly in 2-3 days pre-cruise, then possibly leave the cruise early if need be. I don't want to fly all the way to Berlin and then not see it. :cool:

Hope your flights go very smoothly and bon voyage. :)

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my post above that the transfer in both directions was via coach.....but I confirm that was the case.