Do I need to manually redeem the onboard credit gift from travel agency?

I was checking my receipt and noticed something called "Gift - Royal Caribbean International(Gift) - $225." separate from On board Credit $200.

Does this mean do I have to redeem this gift thing manually? Thanks.

Whenever I have received a "Gift" from my travel agent which has been different from a regular OBC it had to be used onboard for a service -- either used for dinner at a specialty restaurant or for a Spa service.

My TA explained that to me, so ask your TA.

My TA explained that to me, so ask your TA.

Thanks, I was going to use it for specialty dinner since I don't drink or do spa services anyway.

All I needed to ask was if I had to do anything special like redeeming.

Guest maddycat
Thanks, I was going to use it for specialty dinner since I don't drink or do spa services anyway.

You don't have to do anything. It will show up on your on board account by day 2 of your cruise. If it doesn't, go to guest services with a copy of your invoice.

My question would be if you can use it for several dinners to use up the full value. The term 'gift' can imply a single purchase up to a certain value.

It will be a $225 credit to your onboard account. Can be used for anything(s)

I had an OBC from my TA a few years ago, it was on my account when I boarded and there was a post card in my cabin confirming.

Our TA regularly "gifts" us with OBC. There is a note in our stateroom confirming this. We've never had a restriction on using it. There's no need to do anything on your part except enjoy it. YMMV. If you are still unsure ask your TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our TA regularly "gifts" us with OBC. There is a note in our stateroom confirming this. We've never had a restriction on using it. There's no need to do anything on your part except enjoy it. YMMV. If you are still unsure ask your TA.

That is our experience also. However, the OBC from our TA never appears on any Royal document, which is why I think the OP should contact their TA to confirm if some sort of redemption is required.