Mahahual Beach in Costa Maya

res2cue

We are looking at heading to this small village on our stop at the end of April to get away from the port area. Has anybody been.? Tips or advice on best establishment to spend the day?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

We are looking at heading to this small village on our stop at the end of April to get away from the port area. Has anybody been.? Tips or advice on best establishment to spend the day?

Thank you

Walk outside of the port area and take a taxi to the beach ($2 pp each way). Go to Tropicante. Owned by an ex-pat, Steve, who's wonderful. You can reserve a table/chairs prior to sailing. Here's his website:

http://www.sandalsandskis.com/tropicante.html

We've been 4 times and the food and drinks are great and you're right on the beach. Don't forget to try the chicken and sour cream enchiladas...simply the best in the world!

I agree - go to Tropicante. We loved it. As FraudBroad said, Steve is a great guy. He goes around and chats with everyone and makes sure you have all you need. Food is great and beer is cheap :)

Edited by jtdlmc

Went there with our two kids in November. We took the trolley into town (at the very end/exit entrance of the port). The first stop will drop you off near Blue Kay (very quiet), and close to the beginning of the melacon (beach walk-way). We stayed on/waited until the 4th stop, which is at the very end of the melacon. We spent the day at Pez Quadro, which was very nice, good food, etc., but pretty quiet. You can walk along the Melacon and see many beach clubs. We really liked the look of the Krazy Lobster (about in the middle). There were plenty of openings/spots, so no pre-booking/reservations needed. We really enjoyed our day!

Thank you

We went to Maya Chan. i have pics and info in my Spirit review, linked below in my signature. I would definitely return!!

Here is their web site:

http://costamayabeachresort.com