horse and buggy ride in Malaga

wanderbee

Has anyone taken a horse and buggy ride in Malaga recently? Is it worth the price, and what is the price? We will be in Malaga on April 7th on the Eurodam.

We were thinking about taking a ride up to the Gibralfaro Castle.

Has anyone taken a horse and buggy ride in Malaga recently? Is it worth the price, and what is the price? We will be in Malaga on April 7th on the Eurodam.

We were thinking about taking a ride up to the Gibralfaro Castle.

The carriage rides are a charming way to see much of Malaga BUT they have set routes along the waterfront and streets of the city; I am not sure whether they would go up to Gibralfaro Castle due to the extremely steep incline. All rides are 45 minutes long and the fare is set by the local council so is non-negotiable - last time I priced it for someone the cost was 30 Euros for up to 4 people.

Edited by campolady

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know the name of company tat the port hat does carriage rides and is it possible to order one at the port?

The horse and carriages are all privately owned - not operated by a particular company. Therefore you don't pre-order the rides - just get on when you see one. There are always plenty waiting at the port whenever a ship is in so you will have no problem getting one; the routes are set so you cannot use them like a taxi service. http://www.malagaturismo.com/en/pages/coches-de-caballo/262

Edited by campolady

• 2 weeks later...
The carriage rides are a charming way to see much of Malaga BUT they have set routes along the waterfront and streets of the city; I am not sure whether they would go up to Gibralfaro Castle due to the extremely steep incline. All rides are 45 minutes long and the fare is set by the local council so is non-negotiable - last time I priced it for someone the cost was 30 Euros for up to 4 people.

When I saw this inquiry I decided to read it as we have done carriage rides in different cities and love them. Thank you for that information. You have been so helpful with a lot of Spanish cities and have helped us with choosing what to do. We love walking around on our own and don't want to spend hours on a bus so some of your suggestions about staying in "the port city" have been wonderful to hear. Thanks so much for all your postings. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this!