50% Off Deposit Question

webzila

Apologies if this has been asked before but can someone please explain this 50% Off Deposit promo?

I am looking to book 1 stateroom with 3 people which includes this promotion.

Guest 1: 419 before tax (484.70 with tax)

Guest 2: 419 before tax (484.70 with tax)

Guest 3: 129 before tax (194.70 with tax)

Sailing date is Aug 27, 2016 and its telling me the deposit is $600

I am trying to understand how this is 50% reduced...from what full price?

Before the sale the deposit was $450 for same cruise and total price was higher...

The deposit is different depending on how long the cruise is and where it is going. $100 pp up to 3 days, $200 pp for 5 day, $250 pp 6-7 days etc. More for Alaska, Europe etc. How long is the cruise you are looking at and is it for the Caribbean?

Call Carnival....

Well, that was the plan but first I wanted to get more info about deposits from people who may have dealt with this recently or know how much a regularly priced deposit is so that I know if what Carnival is telling me is accurate or not.

I did call and the particular rep I got was no help...first she said deposit is 250 per..then 5 minutes later she said 150 per and after I kept asking about 50% off she said oh ok then 75 per....ok

You have got to read the fine print.

Oh yeah, what about the fine print?

Anyways, I got it resolved. Carnival reservation website says the deposit is $600 after you select your rate, room, and get to the point where it shows you the total...I decided to keep going with the checkout and then the deposit amount changed to $225

You also might want to know that if there is a price drop they won't honor it unless you do the full deposit. Currently I have a cruise booked for September 2016 and did ES with a $99 deposit. There was a $30 price drop that I asked my TA to grab but found out they wouldn't lower it unless I paid an additional $151. Wasn't worth it to me so I told her to forgot about it. Now if there is a larger price drop then I will gladly fork over the rest of the deposit so my cruise price is lower.

Regarding won't honor price drop??

My reduced deposit promo said price protection and upon confirming with my rep he said it is still honored. Maybe you didn't have the price protection with your deal?

If the new lower priced promo doesn't include the same reduced deposit, you have to pay the difference to the full deposit amount.

I've read many times about people having their cruises cancelled after submitting price protection but failing or being told they didn't have to pay the difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

You also might want to know that if there is a price drop they won't honor it unless you do the full deposit. Currently I have a cruise booked for September 2016 and did ES with a $99 deposit. There was a $30 price drop that I asked my TA to grab but found out they wouldn't lower it unless I paid an additional $151. Wasn't worth it to me so I told her to forgot about it. Now if there is a larger price drop then I will gladly fork over the rest of the deposit so my cruise price is lower.

So you passed on saving $30 because you would have to pony up the $151 deposit deficit from when you booked with the $99 deposit sale?

Could you have made more than $30 in interest on that $151 dollars between now and the time final payment would be due? If so, I want to know where you bank.

If you later claim price drops, you'll lose any obc associated with current sale, ( unless new promo has it also) also would have to make up the difference between the two deposits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by troublemaker256