Any changes for the BETTER?

myra711

Smoking has been banned on balconies since November 2014 - enforcement of the rules is another question altogether.

It WILL be enforced on anyone who is sailing in a balcony cabin next to me! BTW I full well know when the change was made. I am just wondering how much longer it will be before all ships are 100% smoke free. Probably be quite some time but I can all but promise you that sooner or later...

Is that today's rates? The same cruise I just took last week on the Escape will cost me $600 more for the same exact week (and perks) in 2017. That's a substantial increase.

NCL vs Celebrity for similar itineraries in the next year or so. For the dates we could travel, Celebrity was half again as much as Norwegian in most cases for equivalent room categories.

I have no issues with the changes. Some I like, a la carte pricing in the specialty restaurants, the SDP and not signing for drinks with the UBP and some don't affect me at all or I don't have an issue with; such as, the room service charge, raises in the DSC. Folks have reported that the food is better, but I haven't cruised since the new menus which I'm looking forward to doing.

All cruise lines have had changes. I also cruise on Celebrity and they have had their changes as well. Some like the changes and some don't and what is so great about the cruise industry, if you don't like one cruise line, there are a number of others to pick from.

Like you, none of the negative changes have affected us. We like the MDR, so even the extra charge items rumored for the MDR seem like a benefit ... instead of paying over $30 for a meal with prime rib (and not that little slab of overdone meat they used to serve), I could order it in the MDR for a $15 surcharge ... seems like a deal to me. But some have complained bitterly about it.

Is Celebrity as casual as NCL in terms of dress code now? I'm afraid to ask on the C board.

Is Celebrity as casual as NCL in terms of dress code now? I'm afraid to ask on the C board.

Not quite. Formal nights are now in the past with Celebrity too, but smart casual (or the less dressier replacement for formal nights that they call "evening chic") is still required in MDRs.

Like you, none of the negative changes have affected us. We like the MDR, so even the extra charge items rumored for the MDR seem like a benefit ... instead of paying over $30 for a meal with prime rib (and not that little slab of overdone meat they used to serve), I could order it in the MDR for a $15 surcharge ... seems like a deal to me. But some have complained bitterly about it.

Not quite as casual. They did change the formal nights to evening chic where you can wear jeans, etc, but a few still dressed in gowns and tuxes. I think it has been becoming more and more casual as the years have passed. Of course, some loyalist are quite upset about the evening chic, but I thought on my January cruise everyone looked fine.