Cabo and Puerto Vallarta excursions?

docboy

Hey everyone,

Going to be on the Carnival cruise in a few weeks and we're looking forward to Cabo and PV.

Are there any tours and small "companies" selling tours and excursions at the piers? Or is it recommended I get the tours on the ship? In particular I'm looking at the sea lion, glass blowing, lover's beach, etc in Cabo. PV not sure yet.

Just trying to see if I can avoid the Carnival "markup."

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Going to be on the Carnival cruise in a few weeks and we're looking forward to Cabo and PV.

Are there any tours and small "companies" selling tours and excursions at the piers? Or is it recommended I get the tours on the ship? In particular I'm looking at the sea lion, glass blowing, lover's beach, etc in Cabo. PV not sure yet.

Just trying to see if I can avoid the Carnival "markup."

Thanks!

In Cabo, without question, I would find a glass bottomed boat tour at the Marina. No reservations needed, as there are lots of them. You will be afforded a view of Lover's Beach, the Arch, the sea lions, and Divorce Beach. Along the way, the boat operator will provide you with food to feed the fish (often only tortillas, but the fish love them, and will swim right up into your hand!) From there, (if it were me) I would have the boat deliver me to Medano Beach. A great place to spend the day. Lots of truly great Cantinas and restaurants....just wander the beach until you find one that appeals to you. After an afternoon at Medano, we always walk a 100 yards (or so) to one of the parking lots and grab a land cab back to the docks (the advantage of that is you will be afforded a tour of Cabo that you would otherwise miss)

The boat tour should be about $8-12US per person (depending upon your negotiating skills). The land cab back should be about $12US for up to 4 passengers.

PV.....Me, we grab a cab at the Cruise dock to Old Town (the new pier) and then just stroll back towards the cruise dock. Lots of great places to stop and shop, and to eat and "rehydrate". If you tire before getting back to the cruise docks, just grab a cab (less than $10US).