Faster to the Fun - Inspiration

Specially_K

We signed up for Faster to the Fun for our Inspiration cruise on Monday. What time can we check in? We would like to get on board as soon as we can, as we will already be in Long Beach.

Anybody have any advice? :confused:

With FTTF, you can arrive at the terminal whenever you wish and you will be permitted to check-in. Then, as soon as the ship is cleared for boarding, Wedding parties, Diamond & Platinum & Suite guests board followed by FTTF.

In most cases you will be on board by 11:00 AM (perhaps earlier)

Edited by lizardhowson

We sailed Inspiration with FTTF a couple weeks ago. We arrived at the port at 10, checked in at 1030, and were in the ship at 130.

It took quite a bit of time for them to get everyone off. It would have been amazing boarding at 11!

On the sailing on the 29th, early check in indeed started at 930, but we didn't get on until about 130. Hopefully it's different for Imagination in September and for you on your trip.

Edited by TomAceEsq

Get faster to the fun now while it's still available. You'd be surprised how many people wait to get it to find out someone's opinion, and then discover it sold out 30-60 days from the sail date!

If you get it now, you can always cancel it later.

Please give us a review of your experience with FTTF when you return...We are contemplating it but not sure if its worth the extra $$$.

Hope you have a great trip!

I have almost always bought FTTF (until now since I turned Platinum and don't need it (( sorry for the bragging but I just got it and am excited)).

I always thought of if as insurance for added convenience and "just in case". Sometimes I didn't really need it as boarding was easy, no tender port, no hurry to get off the ship and I didn't need guest services at all.

Other times I was able to bypass the long boarding lines, have my room ready, bypass long guest services lines, bypass long tender lines and debarkation lines. Also, once to get priority dinner reservations when we were wait-listed.

It seems that the only perk it offered every single time was having our room ready and being able to take our carry-on straight to the room to change into our bathing suits in private.

The few times I decided not to purchase it, I ended up wasting many precious hours waiting in different lines (especially guest services where passengers can be quite rude).

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We got off Inspiration yesterday and even though this is a shorter cruise on a smaller ship, we felt it was worth every penny. We were onboard before noon, easy a pie. Room was ready. Luggage didn't arrive for a few hours. Used FTTF for the guest services line a couple of times, tender priority and getting off the ship without waiting in that looooong line that had formed by the time we were done with breakfast. Would buy it again, in a heartbeat. I am a generally patient person, but waiting in lines drives me freakin' nuts. So worth it. :)

Edited by suziehmkr

I will be boarding The Inspiration on Monday. I have purchased fttf. Will there be obvious signage as to where go once we arrive at the port?

Also, I was reading a thread regarding unhelpful porters or ones that insist on a large tip...I have never experienced that before. Did you experience that in LOng Beach? I of course tip, but I also want to make sure I get the orange priority sticker and hope to not start off my vacation with a rude porter :eek:

Signs were prominent, both at the port and on the ship. The person that checked us in pointed out where to go. As far as the porters, the ones working last Monday weren't working very hard. We walked right past them because there weren't even any in view, which was unusual for this port. They are usually all over you. We saw this happening while we were waiting also. The one we ended up with was not rude at all.

Signs were prominent, both at the port and on the ship. The person that checked us in pointed out where to go. As far as the porters, the ones working last Monday weren't working very hard. We walked right past them because there weren't even any in view, which was unusual for this port. They are usually all over you. We saw this happening while we were waiting also. The one we ended up with was not rude at all.

Thanks. Here's hoping for the best!

We signed up for Faster to the Fun for our Inspiration cruise on Monday. What time can we check in? We would like to get on board as soon as we can, as we will already be in Long Beach.

Great Buy. Get there early, in first groups to board. Enjoy being firrst in lines.

I will be boarding The Inspiration on Monday. I have purchased fttf. Will there be obvious signage as to where go once we arrive at the port?

Also, I was reading a thread regarding unhelpful porters or ones that insist on a large tip...I have never experienced that before. Did you experience that in LOng Beach? I of course tip, but I also want to make sure I get the orange priority sticker and hope to not start off my vacation with a rude porter :eek:

Request an orange sticker. Although there is a FTTF insignia on the luggage tags, for some reason the guys on the ships unloading the baggage don't seem to pay attention without the orange sticker.

Is this Orange Sticker you talk about supposed to put on the luggage tag? Because I just looked at my unprinted luggage tags and they are orange and also have a F2F on them. Since they are Orange do I need this Sticker?

Is this Orange Sticker you talk about supposed to put on the luggage tag? Because I just looked at my unprinted luggage tags and they are orange and also have a F2F on them. Since they are Orange do I need this Sticker?

Yes, it is a sticker that the porter puts on the tag to tell the luggage handlers that your bags get first priority.

• 1 month later...

We just did FTF and yes it was worth it for us. We arrived at the pier around 9:30 and could immediately check in and get our cards. Those without FTF had to wait. There was a special area to wait with a sign showing the order of embarkation. We were able to sit on benches and wait. Those without stood in lines according to their number. We were on board by 11:30. Since three of the four of us had carry on luggage we just took it on and went to our cabins. The rooms for everyone else were not ready. There was hardly anyone in the buffet and no line at Guy's burgers. For disembarkation we were able to get off in group one instead of group 19. We plan on doing it again.

I have never done it for the Inspiration but have used FTTF on the Miracle and Imagination out of LB. Check in starts at 0930 hours but I usually don't arrive until around 1030. Still not allot of people at that time and with FTTF it is quick. On the other two ships I have usually been on by 1145 but on one occasion I did not get onboard until after 1300. There is no set time for boarding. It really depends on them getting everyone off and Customs clearing the ship for embarkation.

• 1 month later...
Yes, it is a sticker that the porter puts on the tag to tell the luggage handlers that your bags get first priority.

where do you get the orange stricker from we to have the f2f on our tickets for our baggage our printer didnt print it out orange also.

It all depends when the ship is cleared of all the people.