Palmetto zip line review- fantastic!

TMannEsq

I was one of a party of 6 who just visited Roatan last week (week of 10/3) on the Valor. We did the Palmetto zip line tour, and hired a van through Bodden for the day. The zip line rocked! Do be advised: it is advertised as strenuous, and is somewhat strenuous. Please also note that you are about 30-40 feet above the ground when you do this, in case heights are an issue. In any event, there are plenty of platforms and bridges on the tour. It is an absolute blast, and you get going really fast on a few of the zip lines. The people who run it were great, and they take lots of pictures of you while you do the tour (they told us they are in the process of creating a website and will use some of the pictures for it). In fact, I am going to e-mail them to see if we can get a CD of all the pictures. Cost was I think $45.00 per person for the tour, and $20.00 per person for the day for Bodden's van, which came with a driver and a guide, both of whom were pleasant and showed us around the island, which was beautiful.

After the tour, we went to West Bay and ate a great lunch (can't recall the name right now), then had about 45-60 minutes to snorkel before having to get back to the ship.

Cannot recommend Palmetto and Bodden any more forcefully. To do the other zip line tour through Carnival costs double what we paid, and I heard it was nothing like what we did.

Archived