Ruby Princess vs Star Princess (Mexio)

popomama

Hi,

We are planning a 4-day cruise to Mexico departing LA later this year. Right now, Princess has two offers (1) Ruby Princess and (2) Star Princess that offer the dates that work for us.

Anyone can provide advice on which one to choose? Is there any real difference between the two?

Thanks.

Off the top of my head, the possible favorable differences for each ship.

Star Princess: 450 fewer passengers than Ruby, covered pool, still has Sabatini's specialty restaurant, Vista Lounge aft showroom (instead of useless Club Fusion on Ruby), smaller more intimate Wheelhouse Bar is my favorite place for pre-dinner drinks on the older Grand-class.

Ruby Princess: larger International Cafe (which serves Gelato as well), Salty Dog Pub offered in Wheelhouse, new SHARE restaurant just replaced Sabatini's, Adagio Bar and much better designed Skywalker's Nightclub for drinks with a view, all aft elevators go to every floor (a huge advantage for accessing the traditional seating MDR), cabin design with a bit more storage space than the original Grand-class (plus most Oceanview cabins with beds perpendicular to side wall rather than under window).

Edited by fishywood

Hi,

We are planning a 4-day cruise to Mexico departing LA later this year. Right now, Princess has two offers (1) Ruby Princess and (2) Star Princess that offer the dates that work for us.

Anyone can provide advice on which one to choose? Is there any real difference between the two?

Thanks.

Ruby is a newer and nicer ship.

Ruby also has more space in the buffet, along with the Cafe Caribe area. Ruby lacks a covered pool area, which only matters on that first and last night, part of the year.

I love Adagio, and I much prefer Share to Sabatini's, so my vote is Ruby. The presence of Headwaiter Jenel doesn't hurt either.

• 1 month later...