Canopy Tour in Limon, Costa Rica

cavinmudcat

Has anyone ever used GEO EXPEDICIONES S.A. for the "Crazy Monkey" Canopy Tour in Limon, Costa Rica?

We're traveling on the Carnival Legend Nov 1 and we really wanted to see Costa Rica from a "different point of view"... Sadly, our ship doesn't offer this directly. I found GEO EXPEDICIONES S.A. via web search... Upon further research they'll travel to "Almonds & Coral" lodge (another Carnival excursion)... Seems like timing will be fine... But, BEFORE I give them any personal info (credit cards, etc.), I wanted to see if anyone else knows them and what are your thoughts...

And... Has anyone been on this tour? What did you think??? Thanks.

Yes Yes Yes great tour it is worth every cent, however having said that your up high and dangling but great, views also sloth (SP) santuary tour is very good, we hired a cab driver for the day and he took us everywhere.

We hired a cabby also to take us to Almonds and Corals resort which is where you zipline. Our cabby also took us to Puerto Viejo to the beach and a tour of a banana plantation as well as coffee shopping in Limon.

However you do it, it is great fun for anyone in decent physical condition from ages 8 to 70. Almonds and Corals is beautiful, they also offer hiking and biking tours so you can all go together but do different things. :)

http://www.almondsandcorals.com/english/index_ing.html

We contacted Almonds and Corals directly and they picked us up and provided a great tour I think we paid 75$ total. Also as a side note Carnival does not offer the zip line tour but they did have a walking/biking tour that used Almonds and Corals so we knew we would not have to worry about missing the ship since AC left to go back to the ship before the carnival tour and it was a large bus and we were in a smaller faster van so we also stopped on the way back at banna plantation and got good tour from the driver about local history.

The total price is $75 for us as well... Breakdown is $40 for the zip line portion and $35 for the transportation... The contact has been very friendly and imformative! And says in the event we should not make that port, we'll not be charged at all! I'm feeling like we should just go ahead and book through him... A&C has also mentioned them as THEIR tour guide... SO, same price either way, right??? I'm gonna go for it! Woohooo!

Archived