When are Formal nights on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean?

Hi there,

I have been reading too many posts and am confused as to when the two Formal nights are in the Dining Room for our April 23-30 2016 Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise?

We have reserved our My Time Dining times and are worried that we miscalculated on when the Formal nights are. I would appreciate a recent without a doubt answer please as it's driving me crazy how many different answers I've gotten on this (and different answers from RCI too).

I do know that MTD is in the American icon Dining room; am I correct? It's on deck 3 right?

Does dining take the 2 hours they suggest? I am worried about some of the times we have to reserve to dine and getting to the shows afterwards. We need to be at a show 30 min prior if we have reserved it don't we? Sometimes there is only 15 to 20 min to get to a show and be early enough? How long does it take to get to the various show venues from the American Icon Dining Room? (my girlfriend has a bad knee so she's not the quickest walker)

As long as I'm on the topic, does anyone know which night serves lobster? My girlfriend is a fan and she's curious.

We have also spoken to Customer Service at RCI and made a request to be seated at a table for two. Our TA confirmed that they have this on file/their records; do we just remind the maitre d about this when we arrive for our MTD reserved time? Does anyone have any experience with requesting a table for two at MTD? Do they honor it? Will we have to wait longer to get such a table?

Sorry for all the questions, but information about this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I can't answer all your questions. But without a doubt - night 2 is formal. It always is. Your second will be night 5 or 6 depending on itinerary.

My experience with MTD is that they have always honored a table for 2.

Dinner is usually a 2 hour experience. Sometime less sometimes more. You can request the service to be faster. Skip dessert etc.

Generally you need to be at reserved shows at least 15 minutes ahead of time.

Edited by MattInFLL

Hi there,

I have been reading too many posts and am confused as to when the two Formal nights are in the Dining Room for our April 23-30 2016 Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise?...

Formal nights are nights 2 and 5.

Menu order: Mojo, Saffron (Formal), Pimento, Shiitake, Jasmine (formal), Basil, Pomodoro

I can't answer all your questions. But without a doubt - night 2 is formal. It always is. Your second will be night 5 or 6 depending on itinerary.

My experience with MTD is that they have always honored a table for 2.

Dinner is usually a 2 hour experience. Sometime less sometimes more. You can request the service to be faster. Skip dessert etc.

Generally you need to be at reserved shows at least 15 minutes ahead of time.

I've cruised Oasis (2) and Allure, and found that table for 2 gets served much faster. Average time for my meal is in the 1.25-1.30 hrs on any night, assuming you are seated when MDR opens up. Specialty restaurants is a bit longer.

I've cruised Oasis (2) and Allure, and found that table for 2 gets served much faster. Average time for my meal is in the 1.25-1.30 hrs on any night, assuming you are seated when MDR opens up. Specialty restaurants is a bit longer.

We have a few nights reserved for spec. restaurants. If it's on 'formal night' in the dining room, I am presuming the menus in the specialty restraints remain the same and they don't switch it up for formal night. Correct?

Specialty restaurant menus do not change for formal night. (At least they never have for me )

I agree.

I know Coastal Kitchen does not quite fall into the typical Specialty Restaurant category, but they do offer lobster on the same night that the MDR does.