Carnival Australia VIFP

I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with...

I've just booked our 2nd carnival cruise and this will put us into the Gold category of the VIFP program. Do I need to manually link this cruise? I know you can do that once the sailing is over but I'd like to get the benefits while we are actually on board. I tried to add it myself but it tells me the Booking Number is not valid.

Also, are kids able to be part of the program. They have a VIPF number from our last cruise but when I try to activate online it says they need to be over 13.

And, I've been a member for over 6 months but have never received a newsletter or special offers. Does anyone else get those?

Carnival Australia is different to the one in the U.S. (Think they use a different booking system that is linked to p&o and princess). Anyway. After your cruise, go back into it and request the cruise be added manually giving the date, ship name etc of your cruise. It will then appear on your account about 10 days later.

You can't add it until after, however if you're due to be Gold from the beginning of this cruise, they should know that and you should be gold and get a gold card and benefits.

I've seen them answer this numerous times on Facebook and they keep saying it's automatically linked, even if it doesn't show up online until after.

I do wonder how though, is it just name and date of birth? How do they know it's me coming back? There could be two Jill Smiths born 18/02/1975 who both like cruising. And passport numbers change when you renew.

But apparently they will know it's you, and they will know your status!

Edited by Tigerlily75

We've done 4 cruises with carnival and we have been Gold for a while, before the current system even. Somehow they just know that you are boarding and will give you the appropriate coloured card you are entitled to on each cruise. Within about 2 weeks of being back home you will notice the latest points added to your account. Lucky for us, carnival is still pretty new here in Oz so Gold is considered fairly high & you get some cool perks. On our last carnival cruise on the legend we were given our own little party with the officers and there were only 18 of us gold on board and no higher. Unfortunately on US sailings now gold wont even get you a party. You need to be platinum.

You need 25 points (25 nights) to attain gold status. If that is your 2nd cruise then you must have done the repositioning cruise on Legend or you are turning red.

If you go to Guest Services and tell them that you will turn gold on the cruise they will either give you a new card there and then or ask you to come back on the actual day you get to 25. I think it depends on who is there at the time but the official answer is in the FAQ under VIFP page....here is a snippet but remember it can change. I would take a copy with you.

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 8-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise).

While guests are automatically eligible for their benefits, some Diamond level benefits must be requested at the time of booking (e.g. one-time benefits).

I hope that helps.

Edited by fivefoot4

Thanks everyone.

fivefootfour you're close. We did the Sydney to Singapore 15 night cruise on Spirit just before the refurbishment last year. Our next cruise is on Spirit again for 12 nights. We weren't planning another cruise so quickly but I found a great price and couldn't turn it down.