Specialty Dinning

Ajkcruiser

Is there a price difference between booking a dinning package ( 3, 5 or 7 ) than just one meal?

I bought a package because I wanted the experience and loved Le Bistro., the rest not so crazy about, but never looked into single pricing.

Thanks

Aj

Le Bistro now has à la carte pricing (soon if not already fleetwide), but apparently there are a couple of different menus in use (the new menu introduced on the Escape last fall, and an à la carte version of the old menu). I think you will still have the old menu on the Sun in May.

I haven't seen the prices for Le Bistro, but the old menus with new à la carte prices for Cagney's and La Cucina can be found in this thread. Maybe someone else can find you a link to the Le Bistro menu.

Is there a price difference between booking a dinning package ( 3, 5 or 7 ) than just one meal?

I bought a package because I wanted the experience and loved Le Bistro., the rest not so crazy about, but never looked into single pricing.

Thanks

Aj

You certainly did the right thing about purchasing a dining package if you want to have a few dinners at Le Bistro. On our last cruise we had dinner in Le Bistro without having a dining package, and that turned out to be a very expensive experience. We (2 persons) only had the mushroom soup as starter and the filet steak as main course, and NO dessert. We did have one glass of red wine each (not an expensive brand). Total bill including gratuities with the a-la-carte pricing was over $80.00 for the two of us. The food was delicious as always, but the a-la-carte pricing was quite high in my opinion. Therefore much value for your money by purchasing a dining package.

I bought a 3 meal package to experience the restaurants on the Star.... Tried them all... Tepenyaki (sp) was OK specially after eating American fare for 11 days, but La Cucina did not impress me.

Planning to eat at Le Bistro on the Sun and was wondering if there was any real savings by ordering a package or just having pay for the meal as I go.

I am however also confused on the A L' cart selection .... Is there two menus in the specialty dinning restaurants ?

Sorry if now I confused you as well.

Thanks for the replies

Aj

There are more than 3 specialty restaurants. It sounds like you haven't tried Cagney's or Moderno, for example.

If you eat a full meal (3 or 4 courses), it is easy to go over $30 with the new à la carte pricing. So you save money with the package, but you have to commit to at least 3 meals.

I'm not trying to high jack the thread but had a question. If I have the dining package (promo), am I able to use one of the dinners to "treat" a friend that I am traveling with for dinner? So if we ate together, would I be able to use two of the dinners from my promo dining package? TIA 😄

I'm not trying to high jack the thread but had a question. If I have the dining package (promo), am I able to use one of the dinners to "treat" a friend that I am traveling with for dinner? So if we ate together, would I be able to use two of the dinners from my promo dining package? TIA [emoji1]

No. They are not transferable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I bought a 3 meal package to experience the restaurants on the Star.... Tried them all... Tepenyaki (sp) was OK specially after eating American fare for 11 days, but La Cucina did not impress me.

Planning to eat at Le Bistro on the Sun and was wondering if there was any real savings by ordering a package or just having pay for the meal as I go.

I am however also confused on the A L' cart selection .... Is there two menus in the specialty dinning restaurants ?

Sorry if now I confused you as well.

Thanks for the replies

Aj

Hi AJ,

Long time no see. Tired of Winter yet?

The restaurants no longer have a single "cover charge".

You now order off the menu like a real restaurant. Each item is priced. Hence "ala carte".

Many are finding that this new system is costing more than the old cover charge cost.

With the package you don't worry about the menu price. You paid ahead for a certain number of meals regardless the price. (With some exceptions)

Say Hi to the Squirrel from me.

Have a Great Cruise.

Mark

Hey Mark.,,,

We have taken winter breaks .... But can't complain it has been an amazing Winter... Never took out my snow blower....

I again bought a 3 meal package....but are they different menus for the package and a'la cart? ..... So confusing....:confused:

Wish we were going with you guys in April ..... I wish you a world of happines....

And tons of hugs sent your way from the squirrel .... Who is turning into an evil Racoon .

Aj

The only change we saw with the package was that there is no ordering two entrees for one person.

That part has not actually changed. Even under the previous system, at Cagney's and Le Bistro, only one entrée was included in the cover charge.

That part has not actually changed. Even under the previous system, at Cagney's and Le Bistro, only one entrée was included in the cover charge.

True, but we never saw it enforced and now it is.

Hey Mark.,,,

I again bought a 3 meal package....but are they different menus for the package and a'la cart? ..... So confusing....:confused:

Aj

AJ,

Only one menu. Or should I say Ala Cart and package order from the same menu.

With the package, you just ignore the prices on the menu. You've already paid for the meal when you purchased the package.

Wish you were coming in April too!!!!

Mark