Evening Whale Quest On The Solstice Excursion

Gambler458

IN JUNEAU I've never done an excursion with the cruise line before and I've been on at least 20 cruises. I'm concerned in Juneau, we have to tender - arriving at 1:30pm and departing at 10pm. I'm reading that the tender process take a while. Is this excursion like "herding cattle"? How big/many people on the whale watching boat? I thought about the Marv whale watching that departs the dock at 4:20pm and gets back around 9pm. AM I safe to get off the ship in time and back for the last tender in time or do I go with the cruise ship excursion? Please help!!!

Edited by Gambler458

All reputable tour operators will make sure you are back on time. If there are say 20 or 30 from your ship on the tour they can simply radio the Solstace and they would wait a few minutes. I would be asking the tour operator the questions you are asking us. How many people? Let them know you are on a cruise ship. Look at Trip Advisor to check them out and be sure to get on the roll call for your ship to see about possible alternatives already organized.

In 20 cruises you have never tendered? Amazing. You also absolutely know it takes a while and if people arrive back to the dock late the ship is going to leave late.

Get on the phone and talk to the operator. It either will feel good or not.

All reputable tour operators will make sure you are back on time. If there are say 20 or 30 from your ship on the tour they can simply radio the Solstace and they would wait a few minutes. I would be asking the tour operator the questions you are asking us. How many people? Let them know you are on a cruise ship. Look at Trip Advisor to check them out and be sure to get on the roll call for your ship to see about possible alternatives already organized.

In 20 cruises you have never tendered? Amazing. You also absolutely know it takes a while and if people arrive back to the dock late the ship is going to leave late.

Get on the phone and talk to the operator. It either will feel good or not.

I've tendered lots of times, I never booked an excursion with the cruise line. Always booked independently. Thanks!