Oasis Suite Questions

We are looking to book Oasis of the Seas out of PC next March and are leaning toward the Sky Class - Grand Balcony Suite. I have searched, but haven't found the answer to a few questions.

1. Is there a consensus on which deck is better for this kind of room? It looks like our choices are 6-8, 10-11 & 14.

2. How large/comfy are the sofa beds? We are traveling with our daughters who will be 11 and 13.

3. How is the bedroom area divided from the living/sofa area? I can see a "floating" wall with a tv and then openings on either side. Are there simply curtains for those openings?

4. What perks are available in the suite lounge? Alcoholic drinks? Bottled water? etc. And are children allowed in?

Thanks in advance for any help.

We are looking to book Oasis of the Seas out of PC next March and are leaning toward the Sky Class - Grand Balcony Suite. I have searched, but haven't found the answer to a few questions.

1. Is there a consensus on which deck is better for this kind of room? It looks like our choices are 6-8, 10-11 & 14.

2. How large/comfy are the sofa beds? We are traveling with our daughters who will be 11 and 13.

3. How is the bedroom area divided from the living/sofa area? I can see a "floating" wall with a tv and then openings on either side. Are there simply curtains for those openings?

4. What perks are available in the suite lounge? Alcoholic drinks? Bottled water? etc. And are children allowed in?

Thanks in advance for any help.

It is really down to personal choice. I have been on 9, 8 and 7. 7 was nice because it was one deck up to Central Park and one deck down to Boardwalk. However, all of them were nice.

It is divided by a curtain that is pulled across. There was no TV across the middle in the suites I have had.

P1000173_zps846a8f51.jpg

P1000179_zps1735d7cb.jpg

I can't answer the other questions but I am sure someone else can :)

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

We are on the Oasis this coming Saturday. We reserved a Grand suite that apparently will be classified as an Aqua suite. Our daughter and her friend are in the Balcony room right beside us. This suite is actually 2 rooms according to RCCL. We had sailed on the Oasis almost 5 years ago and had a GS connecting to an OV balcony for our kids, we found the GS on the Oasis considerably smaller than the GS on other classes of Royal ships. It will be interesting to see how this suite measures up!

Thanks! Oddly enough, the photo on the RCI website looks like that and the floor plan on the same page has the floating wall. I had assumed there was a recent refurb, but now I wonder.

That sounds a lot like the new Harmony/Quantum-style layout.

As far as I know the designs of original existing GS's on Oasis and Allure remain as above.

Obviously the ones over looking the aquatheater are different.

The wall you describe sounds like our OS we had on Oasis last March.

We were on ten mid ships and it was a little walk to the SL/CK. We are sailing Allure in another OS in October and went to deck 12 this time.

I would tend to prefer higher vs lower, but that's just me. I like being closer to the suite only sun deck, SL, and CK.

Children are allowed in the SL.