Mia to port transportation

MJF0507

I normally use a taxi but this last time I used Uber. Super easy, no cash needed, and my first ride was free. Uber is now my preferred method of transportation. I was very skeptical of the service before and am proud to say that I am now a customer forever :D . And the prices are much better than taxis.

It cost $9.15 from POM to MIA using the "pool" option or whatever they call it. Still had the car all to myself. MIA to Intercontinental was $12.37 not using the pool option but it was free because it was my first ride. Beats $30 using a taxi which I did before.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I normally use a taxi but this last time I used Uber. Super easy, no cash needed, and my first ride was free. Uber is now my preferred method of transportation. I was very skeptical of the service before and am proud to say that I am now a customer forever :D . And the prices are much better than taxis.

It cost $9.15 from POM to MIA using the "pool" option or whatever they call it. Still had the car all to myself. MIA to Intercontinental was $12.37 not using the pool option but it was free because it was my first ride. Beats $30 using a taxi which I did before.

How does uber work? Do you have to set this up ahead of time?

Edited by mississauga

How does uber work? Do you have to set this up ahead of time?

Yes. Go online and set up an account. Be sure to search for a signup code to get your first ride free up to $15 or $20. Then download the app to your smartphone (you can do it all from the app, but I find it easier to type on the comp).

When you are ready for your ride, open the app. Choose the type of vehicle you want at the bottom. Click the pin that shows where you are to set a pick up and type in where you are going (example Port of Miami - it knows the address. Same with various hotels. Pick the one you are going to). Confirm what comes up next on the screen and in about 30 seconds your driver will call you to confirm exactly where you are and your destination. There will also be a picture of your driver along with the make/model/color of their car along with license plate number. When you are done, you will receive an electronic receipt. No cash needed (unless you want to tip which is totally optional).

It is so simple and easy. I can't say enough good things about it!

You need to download the app on your phone and put in credit card info and do a verification to make sure it is you.

Yes. Go online and set up an account. Be sure to search for a signup code to get your first ride free up to $15 or $20. Then download the app to your smartphone (you can do it all from the app, but I find it easier to type on the comp).

When you are ready for your ride, open the app. Choose the type of vehicle you want at the bottom. Click the pin that shows where you are to set a pick up and type in where you are going (example Port of Miami - it knows the address. Same with various hotels. Pick the one you are going to). Confirm what comes up next on the screen and in about 30 seconds your driver will call you to confirm exactly where you are and your destination. There will also be a picture of your driver along with the make/model/color of their car along with license plate number. When you are done, you will receive an electronic receipt. No cash needed (unless you want to tip which is totally optional).

It is so simple and easy. I can't say enough good things about it!

Thank you both. Will try it. Have heard good things about uber.

At MIA you can get a VAN or SUV taxi at the same flat rate ... there is a taxi dispatcher and you just let them know that's what you need. it might take a few minutes for one to get to you as they are mixed in with the general taxi population, but not too long

I dunno about other places, but what I see in Florida is counties, as they give in to UBER and like services, requiring them to make their rates similar or same as taxi rates .....

Edited by Capt_BJ